Bath, UK (PRWEB UK) 1 October 2012
1 October 2012: 40% of business leaders fear that a mistake with email attachments could lose clients, according to the report: Fatal Attachments, published by Cloud Direct™ today. 54% of businesses say that a serious mistake would damage their business’ reputation, with 8% confirming they have already lost a client or sale as a result of email attachment errors.
The study also found that 36% of employees in the UK admit to wasting up to 10 minutes each day, or 43 hours a year, as a result of the hazards of email attachments, with 8% wasting on average between 10 and 30 minutes on a daily basis.
The study of over 230 UK business professionals found that the top five hazards of email attachments are:
1. Files too large to send 50%
2. Receiving an email without an attachment 48%
3. Forgetting to attach a document 44%
4. Not being able to open an attachment 38%
5. Not being able to access an attachment on a mobile device 31%
Geoff Dowell, time management expert and executive coach at Dowell Consulting said: “Many people find themselves in high pressured work environments where they have to prioritise urgent tasks. Sharing information is simple in theory but it can actually be the time constraints that cause high levels of stress. Utilising new technologies to tackle a problem such as this can make our lives easier and our work life more efficient. Taking such small steps can often have a big impact on improving a company’s development.”
Will Rowley, technical engineer at Cloud Direct explains: “ email attachments clearly cause businesses multiple problems, but companies are not addressing the issue. Having efficient access to files anywhere, anytime in a secure environment is now possible and can save businesses time and money. With our new solution, Cloud Direct : ABC, we’re offering businesses a simple tool that makes sharing files both easy and secure and eliminates the perils of attaching files to emails.”
Cloud Direct : ABC is a business tool that eliminates the hassle of email attachments by enabling companies to access files at any time and on any device including smartphones, tablets, PCs and Mac’s. The solution simplifies the way companies share information whilst ensuring documents are secure and only available to the right people.
Files are synchronised in real time across all their computers and all their critical files are backed up giving central access to restore and access those files offering a complete solution to access, backup and collaborate on files.
Notes to editor:
- The industry survey was undertaken by Cloud Direct : ABC in September 2012.
- 230 business professionals were interviewed
- A full list of the survey results is available in the Fatal Attachments report published by Cloud Direct : ABC. Please find the report here.
About On Direct
On Direct has a 15 year history of providing cloud services to business. It only uses cloud-based solutions as it believes in the efficiency and effectiveness these bring to customers. The company delivers solutions that are enterprise-class yet affordable for even the smallest business. These solutions are then wrapped in multi award-winning service.
On Direct provides services across its four brands:
- ‘Backup Direct’ - Protecting business data in the cloud. Fully automated and secure online backup with disaster recovery.
- ‘Voice Direct’ - Providing telephone systems to UK business using the latest feature-rich power of VoIP systems.
- ‘Coms Direct’ - Providing managed connectivity to UK business which is highly secure and available.
- ‘Cloud Direct’ - Enabling businesses to work in the cloud. A range of hosted services, collaboration and virtual environments.
Each solution is secured from end-to-end, with 24x7x365 UK based support included, so customers can trust every aspect. On Direct makes things easier for the user and more profitable for the business.
+44 207 637 2587