(PRWEB UK) 3 October 2012
As the summer gives way to Autumn, conference season begins anew. Travelers, meeting hosts and groups are getting ready to make their circuits. Along with their most comfortable shoes, business cards and company information, most of the presenters will have personal tech gadgets, laptops, tablets, cameras and phones plus all of the cables and other accessories.
Just because one is not in the office does not mean there is no productivity. Businesses expect employees to stay on the job, so having these tools with them is of the highest importance.
Besides, what better way to generate business than by encouraging pictures, blogs, tweeting and the occasional picture? The most difficult thing is not keeping up with everything on the floor, but keeping up with things while out of sight.
Mingling and networking are necessary at meetings, but dropping a guard is not a smart decision. Thieves know to target business gatherings because of the availability of unsecured technological devices. Protect Your Bubble, a gadget insurance specialist, provides the following ten tips for protecting gadgets while working at a conference or trade show:
1. Use the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the hotel room door.
2. Security guards are there for the protection of the attendees, not their personal belongings.
3. Secure gadgets and personal belongings in the hotel safe or room safe when not in use.
4. Use a non-traditional bag or case for personal gadgets, not something normally seen.
5. Check and double check the hotel room, cab and security screening before moving on.
6. Remove nametag or badge when not on the conference floor.
7. Never leave valuables in the open under any circumstances.
8. Back everything up to cloud or an external hard drive.
9. Encrypt data in the case of stolen or missing gadgets.
10. Buy affordable insurance in the case of missing, stolen or broken gadgets or mobile phones.
Sometimes paranoia is not a bad thing, particularly with a digital life. It is a wise idea for all conference attendees and business travellers. Protect Your Bubble offers reasonably priced gadget insurance that comes with the peace of mind of theft insurance along with accident damage cover and optional loss cover.
Visit Protect your bubble for additional information and a free quote.
About Protect your bubble UK
Backed by a Fortune 500 company, Protect your bubble is the UK’s largest specialist mobile phone insurer that also offers a wide range of gadget insurance products including camera insurance, iPad insurance, mobile phone insurance and much more.
Gadget Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/gadget-insurance/
Mobile Phone Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/gi-mobile-phone-insurance.html
iPhone Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/ip-iPhone-insurance.html
Find Us On: