Before pouncing into pet ownership, Protect Your Bubble pet health insurance recommends doing some important research about choosing the right pet for your particular lifestyle.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) October 02, 2012
According to the American Pet Products Association, nearly 73 million US households own a pet. Dogs are the leader of the pack living in 46.3 million homes and cats place a proud second inhabiting 38.9 million homes. Before pouncing into pet ownership, Protect Your Bubble pet health insurance recommends doing some important research about choosing the right pet for your particular lifestyle.
Man’s best friend and the most popular pet choice in the country can be a wonderful addition to your family - as long as you’re ready for it. Dogs require a great deal of time, energy, affection and attention to thrive. A happy pup will return the favor infinitely with unconditional love and loyalty.
Once you’ve chosen to add a dog to your family, there are many considerations when determining the right breed – or mixed breed.
- First, identify what size dog makes sense for your family. Dogs range from the tiniest of Chihuahuas with weights in the single digits to Great Danes and Mastiffs that can weigh up to 200 pounds.
- Next, determine the energy level you would like your dog to have. Bulldogs might make a great choice for someone in a small apartment since they aren’t an active breed. On the other hand, labs and terriers need plenty of exercise time and space!
- Then, determine your preferred affection level – certain breeds are lapdogs while others are more independent. A Bichon Frise would be great for a family that wants a lot of cuddle time while a Miniature Pinscher may not have the patience for cuddling.
- Next, think about socialization and trainability. Certain breeds like Australian Shepherds thrive with complex training while others do best with basic commands.
- Finally, consider other factors like climate, grooming, shedding and maintenance. Longhaired breeds like Poodles require regular grooming while many shorthaired breeds like French Bulldogs only need occasional brushing.
Moving on to the second most popular pet in the country – cats. Cats have attitudes, cattitudes as we like to call them, and that’s a major part of their charm. Cats have the ability to keep themselves entertained and many household cats are independent. That’s not to say they don’t like to play. Most cats love having their humans or other cats around for romping. Indoor cats don’t need to be walked outside and are easily trained to use the litter box. If your lifestyle doesn’t allow for much outdoor activity, an indoor cat could be a nice choice for you.
Purr-fect considerations when determining a feline friend include activity level, attention, affection, compatibility with other pets and independence preferences. For example, Siamese and Persian cats are known to love affection and attention, while Abyssinians are famous for their playfulness.
No matter what type of dog or cat is chosen, pet insurance is an important step in considering the pet's wellness. Protect Your Bubble offers pet insurance options for dogs and cats to cover vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions, behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. Visit ProtectYourBubble.com for a quick, two-minute quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100, which only need to be met once per plan year.
Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.