(PRWEB UK) 4 October 2012
The Apple iPhone is ubiquitous and Apple has a long history of making shortcuts for its products without making them widely known. Protect Your Bubble offers the top 10 shortcuts that will work with all iPhone models included the new iPhone 5.
1) Get better pictures. Instead of using one hand to take a picture, hold the phone with both hands. Now push the + button used to change the volume. The shutter snaps the image and the two-handed hold provides more stability than one hand. The same volume control trick works with the volume button on headphones.
2) Text shortcuts. Tired of typing the same thing over and over? Go to Settings > General > Keyboard and look for Shortcuts. Enter a phrase or sentence used regularly on email or text messages and give it a shortcut name. Next time when sending a message just enter the shortcut name and the enter text will magically appear.
3) Private browsing. Keep personal information off Safari by changing the browser setting. Go to Settings > Safari and then click the tab for Private Browsing. Whatever sites are visited now won’t become public information.
4) Save an image. Come across an image online that needs to be saved to make a wallpaper or icon? Touch and hold on the image until a slide pops up from the bottom. The menu gives the option to save or copy whatever was chosen.
5) Custom vibrations. Sure, everyone has their own ringtone these days, but iPhone users get to customise their vibration settings. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn on Custom Vibrations under Hearing. Go to Settings > Sounds. Scroll to the bottom, and there’s Vibration Patterns. Tap it. Choose the vibration setting desired. The settings can even be set to a particular contact.
6) Get a bigger cloud storage on Apple iCloud. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Buy More Storage and select what new level of online storage is appropriate.
7) Screen shots. Apple was the first computer to come out with screen shots within the basic OS and the feature is also available on iPhones. Press the home button and the lock button at the same time and the screen will flash white indicating a screen shot is saved. Screenshots are automatically stored in the photo gallery.
8) Add a nickname for a friend. Go to the contact, hit Edit, then Add Field. A Nickname box will appear. Type in the nick and save. Siri will now recognize the contact by name and nick.
9) Get emotional. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard, then add the Emoji keyboard. Emoji is built into the iOS5. The only drawback is the emoticons may not be displayed correctly on non iPhones.
10) When listening to music on iTunes an easy way to skip back or forward a track, is to simply press the home button twice and controls would appear in the screen. Allowing use of the skip forward, backwards or pause the track functions whilst listening and without having to unlock the keyword and entering a pin.
Regardless of how the iPhone is used and the applications contained in it, it is an expensive device. If the iPhone is lost, broken or stolen, that’s a lot of money gone. Protect Your Bubble offers iPhone insurance at great value prices.
About Protect your bubble:
Protect your bubble is a specialist online gadget insurance provider, offering low-cost insurance cover for iPhones, Smartphones, iPads, laptops, tablet PC’s and more. Quotes can be obtained for your gadgets via the following URLs:
iPhone Insurance: uk.protectyourbubble.com/ip-iphone-insurance.html
Gadget Insurance: uk.protectyourbubble.com/gadget-insurance/
iPad Insurance: uk.protectyourbubble.com/ipad-insurance.html
Find Protect your bubble UK on the following social networks: