Japan likely to see a growing biofuels market
(PRWEB UK) 5 October 2012
Biofuels industry market research
Using their biofuels market data the energy analysts at NRG Expert found these countries to be the winners in the global biofuels market place:
- Japan will become a growing biofuels market following the implementation of new biofuels legislation in the short term.
- China and India may also become significant biofuel markets.
- Some new countries are entering the sector on a commercial scale, such as the Philippines and Thailand.
Other countries face losing their biofuels subsidies and strong price competition so are unlikely to experience growth. There is also a concern that biofuels are taking away land from food stock.
- US biodiesel producers are likely to be affected by the expiration of subsidies at the end of the year.
- The EU biofuels market may contract slightly with the removal of subsidies in some key member states, e.g. the Netherlands.
- Cheaper fuels from Latin America in 2009 meant the US and EU biofuel markets are finding it hard to compete.
Overall though, if companies can take advantage of the favourable legislation and growth potential in Asia, then NRG EXPERT expects the latter part of 2012 to be a good year for biomass companies.
Where do I find biofuels market research?
NRG EXPERT’S World Biofuel Report and industry data provides an in depth energy analysis of the impact these developments will have on the biofuels market place. Click here to view information on this report:
Edgar van der Meer
Toronto +1 (416) 840-5847
London +44 (0)20 8432 3059
NRG Expert is a London and Toronto based energy intelligence and market research publisher. NRG Expert provides up to date information and analysis on worldwide energy markets, including the biofuels market, biofuels investments and biofuels industry. Visit http://www.nrgexpert.com for further information.
Source: TMO Guardian Sept 2010, Biofuels Magazine, NRG Expert World Biofuels Market Research Report 2012