Luggage Superstore Gives Tips on Choosing Seats on an Airplane
As many more airlines now offer the facility to pre-book seats for flights, the question is which seat ticks all the boxes for the passenger’s specific needs.
Kent (PRWEB UK) 6 October 2012
It is true that groups of seats may prove better for a journey depending on the requirements of the passenger.Luggage Superstore has provided a few tips which can help make the next trip a relaxing one.
Things to consider if the airline allows you a pre-booking system:-
Window or isle seat:-For an outside view the window seat is the choice to make. More importantly, if you are someone who needs to stretch your legs during a flight then the aisle seat will provide more leg room for that, but be prepared to move those legs for the window passenger to pass through should the need arise.
- Night or day Flight: - The window seat is the place to have if an undisturbed night snooze is needed. The great advantage of this seat for sleeping is that the cabin walls can act as a prop for the pillow rather than the passenger seating beside you.
- Avoid middle seats: - these are the areas many passengers find mostly uncomfortable especially if the airline has a 5 seat row. Basically you are stuck if the need for the bathroom arises and the people on either side of you are sleeping or look really cosy.
- What about noise? : - the front of the plane is generally the quietest as it is away from the engines. The middle of the plane is generally the smoothest ride. The back of the plane is the area for most bumps and the noise of the engines.
- Avoid the galley and toilet areas: - There would always be queues at the toilets which means people are always standing around your seating area-not to mention the aromas are not pleasant. For the galley area, crew and passengers would always be trafficking back and forth from the galley area. Only advantage is that you may be served first.
- Bulkhead seat: - Typically, a bulkhead is a wall but can also be a curtain or screen dividing sections of the plane. Advantages would be if there aren’t any seats in front then there would not be any reclining back rests to hinder your movement. Some bulkheads can actually provide more leg room. However, if the flight offers personal TV screen the screen at the bulkhead seat would be on the arm rest as there would not be the back of a seat to put a screen. There would not be any under seat storage for carry-on bags. Usually families with babies would tend to choose this seat for convenience.
Luggage Superstore established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.