London, UK (PRWEB UK) 5 October 2012
SMi is pleased to confirm Phil Ambery, Medical director, Cardiovascular and Metabolic R&D from GlaxoSmithKline as a speaker at their upcoming conference.
Dr. Ambery will address the links between diabetes and CVD, Novel diabetes drugs and CVD and targeting multiple risk factors to reduce hyperlipidaemia, and prolong circulating glucose levels.
This unique program brings together the latest research from those at the head of attenuating complications arising from hyperglycaemia, dyslipidaemia, atherosclerosis and fibrosis. This event is not to be missed!
Attending will enable you to:
- Gain the knowledge and insights you require on how to utilise RAAS inhibition to preserve renal function and delay cardiovascular disease progression
- Hear from academic and industry teams on pre-clinical target validation for hyperkalaemia and renal fibrosis
- Evaluate new targets to reduce hypertension, hyperkalaemia and endothelial inflammation
- Develop strategies to utilise biomarkers and imaging for the development of novel cardiovascular and renal therapies
- Harness the "new" paradigm for diabetic nephropathy endpoints to improve your clinical trial design
- Learn about compliance with new FDA and EU guidelines when conducting risk-benefit assessments
For further information and to register visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/goto/diabetes-conference57.asp or contact Farhaana Rahman on tel +44 0 207 827 6186 or email frahman(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk