Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) October 05, 2012
Ghost hunting can be a dirty (and quite expensive) job, but someone has to do it. In fact, some paranormal investigation groups spend thousands of dollars on equipment. But what kind of gear are these “hunters of the hereafter” carrying? Protect Your Bubble takes a look at the top ghostly gadgets.
1. Electric and Magnetic Fields (EMF) detectors are usually hand-held devices that scan an area for electricity and signs of magnetism. Building remodelers use them to find electrical lines inside walls. Paranormal investigators believe ghosts generate EMF and when a ghost is near, the device will be triggered. The price tag for this gadget can be several hundred dollars depending on the complexity and sensitivity.
2. Thermal cameras capture heat signatures instead of visible images. They are at the top of the cost range in terms of camera gear. Hunters believe ghosts can change the temperature in an area very rapidly and significantly. Thermal cameras capture the temperature and rough shape of a temperature anomaly.
3. Ghosts have been known to speak, but not quite well enough for people to always hear. Audio recording devices are a mainstay in the ghost hunter’s gadget bag. In paranormal terms, these devices are called “electronic voice phenomena recorders.” They can be digital or tape and can be purchased at many electronic stores.
4. A digital camera is a non-negotiable item for a true ghost hunter. It’s believed that spirits can briefly manifest themselves and become visible in photographs, though the naked eye cannot see them. In many cases, they appear as “orbs” on film. Some believe that the higher the pixel quality of the camera, the more clearly the ghostly image will appear. Having a high-quality camera is an essential part of any ghost hunt.
5. It is essential to capture infrared light during ghost hunts, and this is possible with a video camera. During paranormal investigations, video cameras are often held by hand, placed on a flat surface, mounted to tripods or worn on the head, depending on the need. Tripod-mounted cameras and those left on flat surfaces are often left unattended while recording to capture images of unexplained activities for later analysis. The recent movie series, Paranormal Activity, is a great example of how the use of video cameras is important when capturing haunts.
When you invest in expensive electronics for hobbies like ghost hunting, it’s important to protect them. Protect Your Bubble provides extended warranties on gadgets like cameras and video cameras. Visit us.protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote today.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100, which only need to be met once per plan year.
Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit us.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.