“I encourage anyone who’s passionate about health and wellness to tune in to our next conference to be inspired and learn from our community and this amazing lineup of distinguished keynote speakers.”
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 06, 2012
The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), the world’s largest nutrition school, held its first health coaching conference of the season this past weekend at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City. The live health coaching conference brought together more than 800 students from over 10 countries around the world, with another 5,000 tuning in online for the first time to watch the lectures via Live Stream.
“There’s nothing like the buzz of energy, enthusiasm, and passion that happens when the Integrative Nutrition community gets together to connect in one place,” said Integrative Nutrition Founder, Director, and Primary Teacher Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd. “This conference was such an inspiration. I hope that all who attended or tuned in are more motivated than ever to do the work they love and be role models of health and positive change in their communities and beyond.”
Attendees were inspired and educated by New York Times food writer Mark Bittman; Ayurvedic expert John Douillard, DC; psychiatrist and self-help advisor Daniel Amen, MD; expert in healing and patient empowerment Bernie Siegel, MD; and natural foods expert Andrea Beaman.
The conference was open to select classes of current students of Integrative Nutrition’s flagship course, the Health Coach Training Program, an innovative online course that combines nutrition education with real-world business training. The course empowers Integrative Nutrition graduates to launch new careers as Health Coaches.
All other Integrative Nutrition students and graduates were able to view the entire conference online, and for the first time select sessions of the conference were even accessible to the general public via Live Stream.
Integrative Nutrition will be holding a second live conference for select classes of students the weekend of October 20-21, 2012 in New York City. All other students and graduates will be granted Live Stream access, and select sessions will be also accessible to the general public.
The second live conference will feature Rosenthal as well as the following keynote speakers:
- Marion Nestle, PhD: Paulette Goddard Professor of Food Studies and Public Health at NYU and bestselling author of Food Politics and What to Eat.
- Neal Barnard, MD: President of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, President of the Cancer Project, and one of the world’s leading health advocates.
- Daphne Oz: Ambassador of the non-profit HealthCorps, bestselling author of the book Dorm Room Diet, and health advocate for young adults.
- Joy Bauer, MS, RD, CDN: Nutrition and health expert for The TODAY Show and founder of Joy Bauer Nutrition Centers
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH: Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Preventive Medicine at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Nina Planck: Entrepreneur, foodist, advocate for traditional foods, and author of Real Food: What to Eat and Why and Real Food for Mother and Baby.
“I’m so excited to offer everyone live access to select sessions of our upcoming conference,” said Rosenthal. “I encourage anyone who’s passionate about health and wellness to tune in to be inspired and learn from our community and this amazing lineup of distinguished keynote speakers.”
About The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN)
Founded by Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, in 1992, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition has grown from a small classroom of passionate individuals to a global community of nearly 30,000 students and graduates in 100 countries worldwide. Its flagship course, the IIN Health Coach Training Program, teaches students to become successful Health Coaches who can effect positive, long-lasting change. The school’s unique curriculum teaches a wide variety of skills in health coaching, nutrition education, business management, and healthy lifestyle choices. Visit http://www.integrativenutrition.com for more information