Torrance, CA (PRWEB) October 08, 2012
YogaFit, the largest yoga school in North America, trains over 100,000 instructors in yoga, fitness and mind body disciplines annually. When we purchased a 6000 sq foot building in Torrance, CA five years ago, we gutted the building and made it a green corporate office. Some of the things we did include:
1. Recycled Denim as Insulation making sure our office's walls and attic were well insulated the green way.
2. Bamboo Floors throughout- bamboo is sustainable and the only green way to floor- as a Yoga company this natural wood looks and feels fabulous and organic
3. Installation of CFLs compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), which not only last longer, but also reduce the amount of greenhouse gas emissions coming out of our office and into the environment.
4. ENERGY STAR® dishwasher, which cost 10 to 30 percent less in operating costs to run.
5 NON VOC-Based Paints Volatile Organic Compounds or “VOCs” have been a key component of the composition of oil-based paint, and can also be found in traditional latex based paints. Exposure to VOC's in paint can trigger asthma attacks, eye irritation and respiratory problems, nausea and dizziness, among other symptoms.
6. carpooling Incentives to employees
7. Limited use of plastic products, no plastic cups, limited paper products
8. IN PROCESS Harvest Rainwater drains
9. Recycling Bins
10. We encourage our employees to sue tote bags to shop, give talks on being green and host weekly meditation classes.
ABOUT YOGAFIT® TRAINING SYSTEMS WORLDWIDE
YogaFit® Training Systems Worldwide was established in 1994 and has since trained over 100,000 yoga and fitness professionals worldwide. The leader in mind body fitness education, YogaFit® is the largest training school for yoga instructors in North America with further expansion internationally. YogaFit® is the American Council on Exercise’s (ACE) premier and only yoga partner. Founder and President, Beth Shaw, in internationally recognized as the foremost authority on yoga and fitness having been profiled in print publications and television programs including, Oprah’s O Magazine, CNN, The New York Times, USA Today, Entrepreneur, SELF and more. YogaFit® is committed to community service as well as supporting animals and humanitarian causes. For more information, visit http://www.yogafit.com.