Protect Your Bubble reviews the next generation phone and offers some perspective.
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) October 07, 2012
Apple called it the biggest thing since the iPhone…but is it? With more than 5 million sold in the first weekend, it sure seems like it. Does it live up to all the hype? Gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, reviews the next generation phone and offers some perspective.
- Appearance – The new look of the iPhone 5 is certainly sleek and cool. Clearly having evolved from the iPhone 4s, the screen is longer which allows for an extra row of apps on the home screen. Weighing in at 112 grams, it’s thinner and lighter which is nice but not necessarily worth all the hype around it. However, the new metallic accents are pretty nifty. The device now houses the headphone connector on its bottom side next to two speakers. It’s not surprising that Apple has, yet again, delivered an attractive new device.
- Battery Life – Yes, it’s true. The battery life is much better than that of the 4s. Recent usage tests performed by the folks at Engadget reveal iPhone 5’s battery capabilities; “our standard battery rundown test, in which we loop a video with LTE and WiFi enabled and social accounts pinging at regular intervals, the iPhone 5 managed a hugely impressive 11 hours and 15 minutes.”
- Camera – The front and back-facing iSight camera is just as powerful as the iPhone 4s. The photo quality is excellent with the 8-megapixel camera with a backside-flash. The lens itself is a five-element, f/2.4. The bigger screen makes it fun to snap photos at a markedly quicker response rate. The panorama feature is cool, but if you don’t hold the camera steady while shooting, the image will come out grainy and uneven. The video camera quality is quite similar to iPhone 4s, which produces high quality, vivid videos for a phone.
- Maps – Apple replaced the Google Map with its own map. The result? Apple has received a lot of negative feedback about the “updated” map app. The turn by turn navigation and 3D features are nice, but the map itself is sub par to earlier iPhone models. Consumers site inaccurate navigation routes and general user un-friendliness.
- Doc Connector – The Lightening connector has been a point of contention for many iPhone 5 owners due to the need to buy converters and new doc connections to support the new phone. Aside from that, it’s easier to plug the connector into the phone itself. Recent tests prove that the new Lightening connector actually charges 20 percent faster than the iPhone 4s. Aside from the annoyance of spending more money on new charging and connectivity accessories, the charge speed is a big win for the iPhone 5.
Overall, the iPhone 5 truly is a remarkable device and a must-have for techies or anyone who is due for an upgrade. While carrier subsidies offer heavy discounts, the cost of replacing the phone if lost, stolen or damaged is upwards of $650 without the subsidy. That’s why iPhone 5 insurance is so important. ProtectYourBubble.com offers iPhone insurance and coverage includes loss, theft, accidents and damage and provides replacement devices in 24 hours. For more information, visit ProtectYourBubble.com.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit us.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA