The new Active Chef line raises the bar for performance, style and value in chef wear
Nampa, Idaho (PRWEB) October 09, 2012
Leading restaurant goods & apparel manufacturer KNG has unveiled a new collection of performance chef wear, Active Chef. The new line of Active Chef chef coats,chef pants, chef shirts, cook shirts and headwear are designed to deliver a unique combination of style and comfort in today’s contemporary, high-performance restaurant kitchens.
The Active Chef collection incorporates performance and comfort features of active sportswear combined with the style and function of modern chef wear:
- Available in a variety of bold colors, plus traditional white or black, to fit most restaurant color themes
- Made with durable, lightweight 100% spun poly poplin that feels silky smooth yet resists stains, doesn’t fade and tolerates frequent laundering.
- Chef coats and shirts feature flexible back shoulder venting flanges, wicking mesh inner collar lining and underarm gussets to maximize circulation and comfort
- Chef pants designed with articulating front/back hidden mesh panels and gussets at the knees gussets for ventilation and extended range of motion
- Women’s styles specially designed for fit
“Chefs and their kitchens increasingly are part of the dining experience thanks in part to the growing popularity of chef cooking shows, yet the pressure to perform has never been greater,” said Tim Brodesser, KNG’s Apparel Designer who created the Active Chef line. “With Active Chef, we set out to conquer the challenge of delivering performance without sacrificing style. Chefs and their staffs all need to look good and be comfortable in chef wear that also stands up to the rigors of the kitchen.
A former designer of sports and active wear with brands like adidas, REI and Vans, Brodesser designed the Active Chef collection to be rich with style and perform like high-end sportswear.
“The new Active Chef line raises the bar for performance, style and value in chef wear,” said Matt McDonagh, who is CEO of KNG. “At KNG, we continue to expand our restaurant industry leadership through innovation across all of our product lines.”
KNG is the world’s preeminent menu cover manufacturer and a leading provider of chef wear, server uniforms, and restaurant supplies. Founded in 1965, the company has more than 100,000 hospitality clients worldwide, including such leading operators as Pizza Hut, T.G.I. Friday’s, Perkins, McCormick & Schmick’s, Chili’s Grill & Bar and Guest Services. KNG products are backed by a full 90-day money-back guarantee and a 150-percent low-price guarantee. For more information, visit http://www.kng.com.