Our courses show how to apply common methods and practices with RTC, so teams can be up and running with the tools quickly and confidently.
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) October 09, 2012
321 Gang, the four‐time IBM® Rational® award‐winning premier business partner, has announced its series of new training courses for IBM Rational Team Concert 4.0 (RTC), which was recently released by IBM. Version 4.0 offers many important enhancements for both large and small organizations, for both complex systems as well as agile projects, including new features in enterprise administration, planning, configuration management, and collaboration.
321 Gang’s new courses are one-day instructor-led classes with collaborative, hands-on lab exercises that enable participants to interact during exercises and experience the true collaborative nature of RTC 4.0:
- “Agile Planning with Rational Team Concert (4.0)” is designed for product and project managers/leads, product owners, scrum masters, and others who are responsible for planning and tracking project work. Participants learn how to use RTC to manage and track their teams, and teams of teams.
- “IBM Rational Team Concert (4.0) for Developers” shows software developers how to utilize RTC to effectively manage work items, collaborate and share work with teammates, request and analyze software builds, and monitor the status of development projects using reports and web-based dashboards.
- “Configuring Projects in IBM Rational Team Concert (4.0)” trains project administrators and team leads in how to configure RTC project areas and processes so that the core IBM practices for agile development and change and release management can be effectively adopted by the project team.
“321 Gang’s RTC 4.0 training is the best way to learn how to leverage this new version,” said Harry Koehnemann, Director of Technology at 321 Gang. “Our courses show how to apply common methods and practices with RTC, so teams can be up and running with the tools quickly and confidently. “
Rational Team Concert 4.0 is a team collaboration tool that is built on a scalable, extensible platform. It provides features that integrate development project tasks including iteration planning, process definition, change management, defect tracking, source control, build automation, and reporting.
Version 4.0 includes several new enhancements that are featured in 321 Gang’s training:
- Support for the agile Kanban method for developing software products and processes, which emphasizes just-in-time delivery while not overloading the software developers.
- Support for large projects including cross-project plans, restricting visibility to specific work items with access groups, and restricting read access to files and directories.
- The new Windows Explorer integration to RTC source control.
To learn more about RTC 4.0, Koehnemann will be presenting a webcast entitled “What’s New in IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) v4.0” on Thursday, October 11th, 2012, from 12 to 1 p.m. Eastern Time. To register for the free webcast, please visit http://webcasts.321gang.com/.
To learn more about the new courses for RTC v4.0, please visit http://rtctraining.321gang.com/.
About 321 Gang:
321 Gang is a Premier IBM Rational Business partner and an Authorized IBM Rational Training provider. The Gang has deep expertise across the entire software development lifecycle for complex systems, and provides IT consulting services to many of the world’s leading companies. The IBM Rational software set is the Gang’s primary focus and the foundation of our success. For more information about 321 Gang, please visit http://www.321gang.com or send email to email@example.com.
Director of Business Development