(PRWEB) October 10, 2012
Burgess Lighting has just added a new gallery of Vermont-based, hand-crafted Hubbardton Forge lighting, giving Washingtonians new options for meticulously sculpted lighting fixtures. Known for unique artistry and environmentally-friendly techniques, Hubbardton Forge creates lighting where each curve, taper and twist is organic in design, many inspired by nature – and all made in the USA.
Burgess Lighting has on display a large selection of these fine, hand-crafted pieces, offering an array of options and finishes for floor lamps, table lamps, sconces, chandeliers and outdoor lighting.
The Forge technique means transforming raw metals and other natural materials into functional art. The lighting is described as ever changing, creating sweeps and contours that changes as you move around them. Once selected from the Burgess Lighting showroom, each piece will be custom-crafted by seasoned artisans to exact specifications in the Forge in Castleton, Vermont.
About Hubbardton Forge Lighting:
- Old world artistry meets a modern renaissance – heavy gauge steel, durable power-coated finishes crafted one piece at a time, using new science to produce pieces of lasting beauty.
- Draws inspiration from modern sculptural forms with a warm, organic quality of light that is comfortable in a wide range of settings.
- Mix and match your choice of glass, finish and shade to suit your personal decorating style.
- An American wrought-iron renaissance: Hubbardton Forge is the oldest and largest commercial forge in the country, with a skilled team of over 200 artists, engineers and craftspeople on-site.
- Energy forward – Hubbardton Forge has won multiple environmental excellence awards, reflecting everything from its cleaning processes to waste reduction. The environmental impact is considered in each and every company decision.
Burgess Lighting is pleased to announce its Hubbardton Forge gallery opening. Burgess Lighting (http://www.burgesslighting.com) is the premier source of lighting products in the Washington, DC area since 1963. Located at 3601 Forestville Road, Forestville, MD, the showroom is conveniently situated just minutes from Washington, DC and Alexandria, VA.