Depending on your choice of plan from Protect Your Bubble pet insurance, you may be reimbursed up to 90% for covered vet charges
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) October 16, 2012
At Protect Your Bubble, we know it can be expensive to raise a pet. Just how expensive? According to the Estimated Yearly Costs of Pet Ownership report by the ASPCA it can cost up to $1,500 per year or more – and that’s just for the normal stuff.
Factor pet injuries into the equation and that’s another wagging tail. An estimated 92% of all pets will experience some type of severe emergency in their lifetime. It wasn’t until the last decade that pet parents had the option to help protect their pets’ health, just like they do their own. Depending on your choice of plan from Protect Your Bubble pet insurance, you may be reimbursed up to 90% for covered vet charges related to:
- Bloat – bloat is a condition where the dog’s stomach becomes overstretched or twisted due to excessive gas content. At greatest risk are deep chested dogs like Great Danes and St. Bernards. Bloat can be fatal and requires emergency surgery. Depending on your geographic location and the circumstances, treatment for bloat can reach $3,000 or more.
- Torn ligaments – one of the most common orthopedic problems in dogs is a torn anterior cruciate ligament, or ACL. The ACL’s job is to stabilize the knee joint. Common in large and active breeds like Labrador Retrievers and German Shepherds, obese pups are also at higher risk for this injury. Based on the severity of the injury and your veterinary surgeon, ACL surgery is estimated at $2,000 or more, with treatment and rehabilitation schedule.
- Foreign object ingestion – prevalent in both dogs and cats, foreign object obstruction is one of the most commonly seen pet ailments across the country. Severity, size and location of the object determine if minimally invasive or conventional surgery may be necessary. These procedures can cost between $1,500 and $2,500.
- Broken bones – just like people, cats and dogs break bones. Some of the most common reasons for broken bones are pet/car collisions, pets jumping out of moving cars, playing too hard or falls. Depending on the type of fracture, broken bone repair and rehabilitation can be $1,500 or more.
- Tumors – there are many different types of tumors that your pet can develop. Some tumors can be cancerous and others are harmless. Your veterinarian will guide you to determine whether your pet’s tumor needs to be treated or removed. Depending on the course, tumor removal and treatment can set you back from $500 - $1,500.
Protect Your Bubble offers pet insurance options for dogs and cats to cover vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions, behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. Visit ProtectYourBubble.com for a quick, two-minute quote.
Price estimates courtesy of Vetinfo.com and will vary depending on location and extent of illness or injury.
Protect Your Bubble pet health insurance is underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company and administered by Petsmarketing Insurance.com Agency, Inc.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100, which only need to be met once per plan year.
Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA