I have always been a passionate supporter of our men and women in uniform," said Trebek. "There is no better feeling than showing our troops just how much we care…that is why volunteering with the USO is important.
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) October 09, 2012
America’s Favorite Quiz Show® To Hold Auditions For U.S. Service Men And Women.
Twitter Pitch: @Jeopardy host Alex Trebek challenges troops on @the_USO tour to Europe!
Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek advances to Germany after spending four days with troops and military families stationed in Italy as part of his 13th USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour. Having met with more than 300 U.S. Sailors, Airmen and their families, Trebek will continue his search to find military contestants to participate in Jeopardy!’s “Salute to the Military” week in 2013.
- Four days into Trebek’s whirlwind USO tour, he has hosted contestant searches on two bases, toured multiple military work sites and taped countless clues for the show with help from Jeopardy!’s own Kelly Miyahara of the Clue Crew. Among the bases Trebek has visited are, U.S. Naval Support Activity Naples and Aviano Air Base.
- Coming up, Trebek and Miyahara will visit Airmen and soldiers stationed at Ramstein Air Base and U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden. On location, Trebek will also spend time with our healing heroes and medical staff at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center as well as extend his heartfelt thanks to staff members and volunteers at the USO Warrior Center.
- Trebek has volunteered with the USO for 25 years, having participated in his first USO tour in 1987. He has tirelessly boosted troop morale and raised awareness of America’s armed forces. In 2007, Trebek traveled to Japan, where he toured numerous bases, learned about combat operations and visited the USS Kitty Hawk. Previous countries visited with the USO include, South Korea, Iceland, Turkey and the Philippines.
- Entering his 29th season with America’s Favorite Quiz Show® Jeopardy!, Trebek has recorded more than 6,500 episodes and delivered clues from some of the world’s most spectacular destinations. He has won five Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Game Show Host and, in 2011, received the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
- An Ironman triathlete, Kelly Miyahara is one of three members of the Jeopardy! Clue Crew. Since the Clue Crew’s creation in 2001, the team of roving correspondents has recorded clues in 280 different cities, spanning 48 states and 44 countries. Entering her eighth season with the show, Miyahara helps bring Jeopardy! clues to life. Miyahara first traveled with the USO in 2007 to Japan.
- Jeopardy!, the winner of a 2011 Peabody Award and 30 Emmy Awards, including the 2012 Emmy for Outstanding Game/Audience Participation Program, was inducted into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most awards won by a TV Game Show. The series is the #1-rated quiz show in syndication with 25 million viewers each week. Jeopardy! is produced by Sony Pictures Television, a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company. It is distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and internationally by CBS Television International, both units of CBS Corp.
Attributed to Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek:
“I have always been a passionate supporter of our men and women in uniform. There is no better feeling than showing our troops just how much we care…that is why volunteering with the USO is important.”
Attributed to USO President & CEO Sloan Gibson:
"By working with Alex Trebek over the last 25 years, the USO has experienced Alex’s never-ending commitment and support of U.S. troops and their families all over the world. Alex and America’s Favorite Quiz Show® bring our troops a touch of home and a welcome break from their daily routine when deployed overseas. We know our troops will be thrilled at getting a chance to compete in next year's 'Salute to the Military’ Jeopardy competition.”
About the USO
The USO (United Service Organizations) lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors and their families and the families of the fallen.
The USO is a private, nonprofit organization, not a government agency. All of our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff. In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, Clear Channel, The Coca-Cola Company, jcpenney, Kangaroo Express, Kroger, Lowe’s, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Procter & Gamble, and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation and TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this patriotic mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.