There are thousands of comments on http://www.amirite saying amirite will be the next Twitter and we agree it has the potential.
(PRWEB) October 22, 2012
http://www.amirite.net is the fast growing social network where people share opinions online. Both a website and iPhone application, which recently emerged from beta, invites users to post a simple question and ask people "amirite?" (meaning "Am I Right?"). Community members then vote, saying either ‘amirite?’ if they agree, or ‘no way’ if they disagree. Discussions range from the serious and political to the funny and bizarre.
When asked what they like about the website, the community of users was the number one answer. People use http://www.amirite.net to chat with friends, relax and have both fun and serious debates. The website fulfils an intrinsic human need for validation and the users will spend hours on the site looking to be proven 'rite'.
Currently there are over 2 million unique visitors per month and over 10 million pageviews per month. With the number of members at around 30,000 this number is growing exponentially. There are currently over 700,000 posts, over a billion votes and 2 million comments. There are thousands of comments on http://www.amirite saying amirite will be the next Twitter and we agree it has the potential. This unknown gem of the internet is set to grow rapidly over the next five years with a clear plan in place.
The users of amirite.net are predominantly in the 16-35 age range and are 60% female.
There are four different 'versions' of amirite. All display the same content but are targeted at different devices.
- The main site + new forum at amirite.net
- The 'touch' site, aimed at smartphones and tablets, at http://touch.amirite.net
- The 'mobile' / 'lite' site at http://m.amirite.net
- An iPhone application (available for free): itunes.com/app/amirite
The site was completely custom written from the ground up by an experienced team based in London. It is the product of extensive work over 3 years and is completely tailored to the purpose. New and exciting features are implemented all the time and a major feature upgrade will be launched by the end of this year which will extend the scope of http://www.amirite to allow questions and answers on any topic as well as Social based questions and answers.
Current Features of the site include:
- Making posts, voting on posts, commenting on posts, voting on comments
- Favouring posts and 'loving' comments to bookmark them
- User accounts with profiles and avatars
- Users can send messages to each other
- 'Topics' are used to categorise posts
- A 'Post Of The Day' (POTD) is featured at the top of the home page every day
- Users can follow other users and follow topics
- There is a notification system giving users alerts on site, by email and by push notification for iPhone users. Users have granular controls over which events they want to be notified of.
- Users earn achievements for reaching milestones
- Choice of different colour schemes ('themes')
- Many privacy options. Users can go 'anonymous' and make posts without revealing their username.
- You can make posts and comments without needing to create an account.
- In September 2012 a phpbb3 forum was launched at http://forum.amirite.net and http://m.forum.amirite.net with a custom authentication plugin so users aren't required to login twice. A custom theme for the forum makes it match the rest of the site and keeps everything integrated. There is also a custom mobile theme so the forum is integrated on mobile devices as well.
On the site there is the concept of the 'Home Page' and the 'Just In' page. When an opinion (aka 'a post') is posted it becomes immediately visible on the Just In page (as well as on the profile of the user who posted it, in any Topics it was added to and in the search). Users have the option to vote for a post to be on the home page. If a post reaches a configurable number of home page votes it goes into a queue to appear on the home page.
Sign up today and be part of the next best thing! http://www.amirite.net
The owners of amirite.net and its subsidiaries wish to remain anonymous at present but have actively been in contact with investors and venture capitals. If you wish to get in touch please email james921(at)live(dot)com with your Name, Company, Position and any other relevant info.
The company is based in London, UK and happy to hear all enquiries.
Don’t miss out before it’s too late!