PISCATAWAY, N.J. (PRWEB) November 06, 2012
Power.org announced today the agenda and speaker slate for its 2012 ASIA Power Architecture Conference, a one day executive event to be held in Shanghai, China, October 25th, 2012. The conference features Chinese government officials, globally recognized executives, and members of the Power.org community. It will take a look at the future vision and application of Power Architecture® technology, by debuting new technology and products, and celebrating the technology’s 21st anniversary.
The event is sponsored by IBM, Freescale, C*Core, LSI, Servergy, VeriSilicon and Synopsys. The conference is Supported by CSIA (China Semiconductor Industry Association), SPAST (Shanghai Pudong Association for Science and Technology) and Linux Foundation.
ASIA Power Architecture Conference Agenda* Highlights:
9:00 – 16:30
- Welcome and Introduction by Mr. Fawzi Behmann, Executive Marketing Director, Power.org and Dr. Eric Tsou, Business Development Executive, IBM
- Keynotes by Government officers and local officials
- Opening Remarks by
o Mr. Michael Desens, VP, IBM
o Dr. Dac Pham, Fellow and Director, Freescale
o Mr. Jiang Zheng, Chairman of the Board, C*Core
- “C*Core scalable design platform help you to win!,” Mr. Joe Xiao, General Manager, C*Core
- “PowerPC based SoC development platform running Android/Linux OS,” Mr. Rui Wang, VP of China Sales, VeriSilicon
- Power.org Opening Remarks, Mr. Elmer Corbin, Director, IBM and Power.org chairman
- “Why designers, developers and decision makers continue to select Power Architecture technology for their solutions?, Mr. Fawzi Behmann, Executive Marketing Director, Power.org
- “IBM Power Update,” Mr. Tom Reeves, VP of Business Development and Licensing, IBM
- “Introduction to Freescale 28nm e6500 Advanced 64bit multicore/multithreading Power Architecture for embedded space,” Dr. Dac Pham, Fellow and Director, Freescale
- “Power Linux Innovation, Collaboration and Growth in the Global Data Center Market,” Mr. Bill Mapp, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Servergy
- “ThinkPower ChoosePower for the Future,” Executive Roundtable discussion represented by IBM, Freescale, C*Core, LSI, VeriSilicon, Servergy, and Synopsys
Moderated by Mr. Joe Xiao, General Manager, C*Core and Prof. Qi Zhengwei, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- “Axxia® Communication Processor Overview,” Mr. Wei Wang, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, LSI
- “IBM Power Linux Strategy,” Ms. Janice Wang, Director, Worldwide High Volume Power Systems Development, IBM
- “Networking Trends – Software Defined Networking, Networking Virtualization, and Cloud Orchestration,” Mr. Rob Oshana, Director of Software R&D, Freescale
- “Software Overview on Multicore Power Platforms,” Dr. Xin Xin Yang Senior Engineering Manager, Freescale
- “IBM high density Micro server demonstration platform leveraging PowerPC, Linux and hot-water cooling,” Mr. Ronald Luijen IBM Research GmbH
16:30 – 18:00, Networking and Demonstrations
*Schedule subject to change.
The ASIA Power Architecture Conference will feature a rich set of nearly 20 demonstrations that cover Android 2.3 demo, next generation Enterprise Access Point (802.11AC), new T4240 QDS, PowerLinux, Automotive application, PPC 476 & Android, new class of enterprise server, 9131 FDD-LTE, DB2 on Power, Rational software tools and others. For more information and updates, visit http://www.power.org or follow us on Twitter @Powerorg.
Power.org, the organization that promotes and develops standards for Power Architecture® technology, is celebrating 21 years of innovation leading to unrivaled market leadership and a collaborative ecosystem that will continue advancing and creating new technology across an increasing breadth of markets and applications. For more details, visit http://www.power.org.
© Power.org 2012