Unless you’re only deploying a handful of kiosks and you can get to them easily, remote kiosk management is an absolute necessity. We’re thrilled to have the first complete iPad kiosk management system on the market.
Frederick, MD (PRWEB) November 09, 2012
Today Kiosk Group Inc., developer of the de facto standard Kiosk Pro software platform for iPad kiosks, has announced the release of the Kiosk Pro Enterprise/Remote Management System (KPE/RMS) as part of their Kiosk Pro Enterprise offerings. For the first time, enterprise-level IT departments can professionally manage and monitor up to thousands of iPad kiosks in real time through a user-friendly, web-based portal.
Kiosk Pro has teamed with the KioWare to offer a robust RMS experience. KioWare has been installed in over 60,000 Windows and Android deployments. The KioWare team brought their years of experience to the project, ensuring that Kiosk Pro and KioWare software worked together seamlessly. KioWare president Jim Kruper commented, “Clearly, iPad-based kiosks are an important segment of the industry, and we are very pleased to be teaming with Kiosk Group on the Kiosk Pro project and excited for KioWare to be a part of this rapidly growing segment”
Beyond the many kiosk-mode features of the Kiosk Pro app, the new RMS adds a number of ways to manage your kiosk projects, including the ability to:
- Offer regular health reports to tell you the operating condition of each kiosk.
- Place individual kiosks into different project groups for easier management.
- Show how visitors navigate through your content via Content Traversal Reports.
- See which pages are getting the most views and which pages are getting the least views. This can be done on a global level, group level or by looking at individual kiosks.
- Control administration access and functionality to specific groups and individual kiosks.
- Set up notification alerts to let you know about warnings and errors at the individual kiosk level, such as paper low or power loss conditions.
- Monitor the iPad’s internal accelerometer to help detect kiosk movement or possible theft [Patent Pending].
- Use server commands to trigger updates of local content stored on the iPad, such as large videos, or to reboot the Kiosk Pro app.
The RMS software can run on Kiosk Group’s servers or customers can license the management system to run on their own servers.
KPE/RMS is available in two versions with advanced feature sets: KPE Plus Server and KPE Connect Server. The Connect version is an upgrade that supports peripheral hardware such as printers, bar-code scanners and credit card readers.
Kiosk Group president Mike James stated, “Unless you’re only deploying a handful of kiosks and you can get to them easily, remote kiosk management is an absolute necessity. We’re thrilled to have the first complete iPad kiosk management system on the market.”
For more information, visit http://www.kioskproapp.com/KPE or contact Mike James at 888-569-5467 ext. 101.
About Kiosk Group:
Kiosk Group offers a total solution for iPad kiosks: Kiosk Pro client and server software, an extensive line of kiosk enclosure options (http://www.ipadkiosks.com), custom in-house branding and graphics treatments, iPad devices, and a full line of kiosk-related accessories.
About ADSI, developers of KioWare Kiosk Software:
Founded in 1991 to provide client server software development, Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) developed KioWare (http://www.kioware.com), award winning kiosk system software, in 2001. KioWare deploys browser-based applications into a kiosk mode environment, securing the operating system, and allowing users to access only the application. The KioWare product line ranges from basic browser-lockdown to server based remote monitoring.
Kiosk Group Inc.
8415 Progress Drive
Frederick, MD 21701
Mike James (301) 637-8333
mjames (at) kioskgroup (dot) com