(PRWEB) November 02, 2012
It will explore how the EETS Directive could provide inter-operable tolling services and seamless mobility across Europe’s boarders. The interactive event will be held on Wednesday November 6, 2012 at 10-11 CEST and is open to the entire fleet telematics community!
Due to the different devices and data collection methods used throughout Europe for road user charging (RUC), driving across boarders can be problematic. Truck drivers at present have up to ten different tolling telematics devises installed in their vehicles. The exclusive webinar will address how the EETS directive could make possible seamless mobility across European borders.
To get to grips with how the directive affects the end-user and telematics service providers, Telematics Update has organised a live webinar entitled ‘How the European Electronic Tolling Service Directive Will Impact Fleet Telematics’. The 45 minute session includes live Q&A's and will be delivered by the following expert speakers:
· Charles Surmont, EU Commission, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport
· Marc Billiet, Head of the International Road Transport Union
In a live interactive discussion listeners can learn:
· Understand the components of the EETS directive and the business opportunities this will open up for telematics service providers
· Get to grips with current challenges associated with implementing the directive and the role of the government and service providers to get it off the ground
· Discuss timelines for the roll out of this directive for differing vehicle types such as passenger cars and large vehicles so you can align your products and services
The webinar is a unique opportunity to pose questions to key influential figures and decision makers of the European-wide interoperable electronic toll service project. The webinar can be joined for free at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/987782718 (places are limited, so register early).
About Telematics Update:Telematics Update is the reference point for automotive telematics, mobile and web industries and a cornerstone for communications within the industry. We aim to provide you with industry focused news, events, reports, updates and information.
Project Director | Telematics Update
Find me on LinkedIn
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
+44 (0)20 7375 7578 | 1 800 814 3459 ext 7578 (USA Toll Free)