Waltham, MA (PRWEB) November 01, 2012
San Antonio is one of the nation’s premier event destinations, welcoming over 25 million visitors annually. Even more impressively, the city has been able to consistently grow its events business in a highly competitive marketplace.
As a central part of its strategy to compete effectively in the events space and satisfy the needs of a wide range of meetings and conventions, the San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau (SACVB) has for years provided meeting organizers, hotels and guests a seamless hotel booking experience using Passkey’s GroupMAX ME™ technology. To maintain its competitiveness in the global events marketplace and to continue to drive increasingly more business, the SACVB has decided to extend its partnership with Passkey.
With Passkey’s GroupMAX ME technology, SACVB has been able to impress its meeting planners, hotels and attendees alike in a variety of ways, most notably:
- For Organizers: Meeting organizers are able to optimize their financial investment in hotel room blocks with live dashboards and proactive alerts.
- For Attendees: Attendees enjoy the convenience of a professional web and mobile booking experience where they can book their rooms at special rates for the event.
- For Hotels: Hotels can generate incremental revenue by offering multiple room and stay upsell options while receiving reservations electronically.
- For the City: The city is able to maximize the economic impact to its local community by offering a simplified process and promoting local activities and attractions.
“Passkey’s GroupMAX enables our team to easily manage complex events while providing visitors with a smooth booking experience and giving organizers tools to drive pickup and monitor their block 24/7,” says Ronnie Price, Assistant Executive Director, at SACVB. “Passkey has been a great partner and we have been impressed with the continuous enhancements to GroupMAX.”
Some examples of larger meetings that the SACVB has supported using GroupMAX ME include:
- The Annual TMEA (Texas Music Educators Association), with over 25,000 attendees and over 5,000 reservations made
- The Alcoholics Anonymous Quinquennial Meeting, with over 60,000 attendees and over 10,000 reservations made
The SACVB is also poised to handle the 60th Quinquennial General Conference Session of Seventh-day Adventist Church in 2015. This event will gather a projected 65,000+ attendees with a length of stay of 10 nights or longer.
“We are delighted with the positive results that the SACVB has been able to achieve using Passkey’s solutions thus far,” says Passkey’s CEO and president, Greg Pesik. “They are a strong player in the meetings and conventions industry; our mission is to help them deliver greater value and service to their customers. We are committed to providing cutting edge technology that elevates service and economic value for our partners and the industry.”
About the San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, (http://www.visitsanantonio.com) a Department of the City of San Antonio, is funded through a hotel/motel occupancy tax. The bureau is a full sales and service agency dedicated to the promotion of San Antonio as a meeting and visitor destination.
About Passkey International, Inc.
Passkey (http://www.passkey.com) is the travel industry's de-facto standard hotel booking technology for meetings and events. The Company's cloud-based platform, GroupMAX ME, is used by thousands of hotels, destinations and meeting planners worldwide to manage the hotel accommodation process for events of every size. At the heart of GroupMAX ME is the ability for clients to offer event-specific web/mobile booking sites for event attendees to book their hotel rooms online while enjoying multiple stay and upgrade options. With offices in the US, the UK and Singapore, the Passkey global network now includes over 90% of major US and UK Convention and Visitors Bureaus, as well as a wide range of hotels, casinos, resorts, meeting planners, corporations and meeting management companies.