(PRWEB) November 03, 2012
Award winning interior designers Interior Desires UK have been short listed for the 2012 Society of British Interior Design (SBID), International Design Awards in the Entertainment Space category for their design of the legendary venue “The Scotch”.
The SBID was incorporated in April 2009 to equally represent the interests of manufacturers, practitioners and education. The objective of the Society is to promote the profession and, in doing so at the highest level of competence and design, bring protection to the consumer by creating a clear separation between those that are professional and those that are hobbyist or untrained.
SBID is the only interior design organisation within the UK to be inducted into the European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA) - the highest level of measured knowledge and best practice for interior design throughout Europe. Thus SBID is the industry bearer for professional British interior design, opening new markets for the UK where previously, due to a lack of standards, Britain had been excluded.
There are 6 award categories this year :
1. Lighting / Sound / IT / Software - This category focuses on all things technological within interiors, including software, fit-out and installed products within a completed design scheme.
2. Product – This category looks at any commercial/contract product, within any discipline. The product must not be more than 2 years old.
3. Commercial Space - This category covers all commercial interiors, including Offices, Healthcare, Retail and Public Areas. For example, Shopping Centres, Hospitals, Shops, Public libraries, Museums, Airports, Train Stations, Lounge, Schools, Colleges, Universities.
4. Entertainment Space - This category encompasses all entertainment spaces, including Restaurants, Bars, Hospitality and Wellness. For example, Spas & Relaxation, Theatres, Cinemas, Casinos, Hotels.
5. Transport – The transport category includes the interiors of Cars, Boats, Cruise liners, Trains and Airlines or Private Planes taking into account the following qualities: design, functionality, compliance, fit for purpose and longevity.
6. Innovation (Technical & Budget) - This category is pure interior design, it creates a solution to a design problem by innovative thinking. This is for contract projects that have made the most from the client's brief for the budget available.
All the winners will be presented with their trophies at a private event in London, UK in November 2012. Last year the SBID International Awards 2011 ceremony, which attracted entries from a wide array of high-end designers and architects from around the world, was held in September at the internationally recognised Maison & Objet exhibition in Paris.
Interior Desires (UK) is a high end award winning bespoke interior, restaurant and architectural design company based in London, headed by creative director Rebecca James.
Please visit http://www.interiordesiresuk.com/ for more information.
Submitted by Go Mungo SEO