The CompatibleOne cloud service broker marks the beginning of a new era in cloud computing.
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) November 05, 2012
OW2, the global open source infrastructure software community launches today at Cloud Expo West, in Santa Clara, CA. CompatibleOne, The Open Source Cloud Broker. CompatibleOne is a new-generation cloud resource management and automatic provisioning software environment powered by service brokering capabilities.
With CompatibleOne, the seamless federation of heterogeneous resources across different Cloud Service Providers is now possible. With CompatibleOne, developers and users can combine different services available from different suppliers to address their most stringent requirements.
CompatibleOne supports all kinds of resources, not just infrastructure ones but any resource which can be invoked as a service. CompatibleOne helps developers and users avoid vendor lock-in, enforce SLAs and reduce costs. The CompatibleOne open source broker is an open source collaborative project based on open standards, notably OCCI.
Demonstrations presented at Cloud Expo West include:
- Customer specific SLA delivery: This demonstration shows cloud how CompatibleOne enables services arbitration and multi-tenancy in a context of stringent customer requirement.
- Fully automated provisioning: This demonstration shows how the CompatibleOne platform manages selective placement on a multi-cloud environment and resource aggregation across different providers.
- Auto scalability: This demonstration reveals how CompatibleOne leverages load-balancing mechanisms to automatically adjust its resource provisioning to changes in workload.
- Commercial provisioning: This demonstration shows how the CompatibleOne platform can organize service delivery across heterogeneous commercially available cloud technologies starting with OpenStack, Amazon and Azure.
- Energy efficiency: This demonstration exhibits live energy monitoring of resources provisioned by CompatibleOne and shows how to support energy aware and energy efficient cloud components.
“The CompatibleOne cloud service broker marks the beginning of a new era in cloud computing” says Bruno Pinna, Director of Cloud Computing at Bull, “As companies start to consume cloud services out of networks of federated clouds, optimizing workload placement based on business policies, we expect the CompatibleOne cloud service broker to become a key component of the cloud architectures that will deliver such federated services” he adds.
''The launch of CompatibleOne is an exciting milestone for Prologue. We are fully committed to supporting this breakthrough technology” says George Seban, the CEO of OW2 Corporate Member Prologue, “We are already integrating it as the de facto brokering engine in CloudPort, our legacy-to-cloud application migration environment'' he adds.
The CompatibleOne project is open to all, its software will be made available to the global open source community through the OW2 Open Source Cloudware initiative (OCSi). The OSCi is the vehicle through which participants from all over the world can join in the action.
Visit CompatibleOne at Cloud Expo West, booth #915 and attend the presentation “Next-Generation Cloud Management: The Cloud Service Broker” by Iain James Marshall & Jean-Pierre Laisné Monday, November 5th, 4:25 - 5:05 pm.
The CompatibleOne collaborative project develops the first industry-grade open source cloud broker. CompatibleOne was launched as a collaborative project to come up with ideas addressing the need for interoperability in the field of Cloud Computing. The project quickly evolved until it converged in developing a cloud computing broker. CompatibleOne is an open source collaborative project supported by 14 partners. Its technology is based on open standards and its approach fully leverages OCCI, the open cloud computing interface. CompatibleOne has defined a four-step fully functional manifest-to-service provisioning cycle of the CompatibleOne broker. The CompatibleOne platform is aligned with the Cloud Computing Reference Architecture2 of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
OW2 is an independent industry community dedicated to developing open source code infrastructure (middleware and generic applications) and to fostering a vibrant community and business ecosystem. The OW2 Consortium hosts some one hundred technology projects, including ASM, Bonita, eXo Platform, JOnAS, JORAM, Orbeon Forms, Orchestra, Spagic, SpagoBI and XWiki. OW2 is an open source dissemination partner in a number of collaborative projects, such as CHOReOS, CompatibleOne, OpenCloudware and XLcloud. Visit http://www.ow2.org