Seattle, WA (PRWEB) November 03, 2012
Cloud computing and Big Data are the most relevant business topics for leaders in both the private and public sectors. Attending a Business & Technology Solutions (BTS) Summit will be essential for these decision makers to learn and hear firsthand the latest developments and trends in cloud computing and Big Data.
Two bicoastal events are scheduled for 2013: a West Coast event takes place April 16 – 17 at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, Wash., and an East Coast conference will be held August 20 - 21 at the Raleigh Convention Center, Raleigh, N.C.
Building on the success of the inaugural Cloud Fair 2012 in Seattle, the BTS Summit 2013 program and expo have an expanded focus that now includes Big Data, social, and mobile computing. The focus on Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud – collectively known as the SMAC technology stack – elevates this conference series as a premier event for the cloud computing and Big Data communities.
The advent of mobile computing, social media, software-as-a-service (SaaS), Big Data and the cloud is redefining the landscape of corporate and government information systems. To stay abreast of these technology changes and their benefits, C-level executives, business and government managers, architects and developers in organizations of all sizes will benefit by attending the BTS Summit.
Featured will be:
- A roadmap for cloud computing, mobile and Big Data adoption
- Expert presentations about cloud architecture, data architecture and platforms for deploying cloud applications and advanced analytics
- Case study presentations from companies and solution providers sharing their experiences implementing Big Data, mobile and cloud-based solutions
- Speakers and panels discussing Big Data and cloud solutions for a broad spectrum of applications in financial services, retail, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, and other industries
- Trade show and expo featuring industry-leading cloud, mobile and Big Data solution providers, evening reception for networking, and more.
Development of the conference’s technical program will be guided by conference chair Ken North, with the assistance of an international board of advisors. Members of the advisory board include:
- Anjul Bhambhri, VP - Big Data, IBM
- Geoff Brown, CEO, M2Mi Corporation
- John Goodson, Senior VP - Enterprise Data, Progress Software
- Miko Matsumura, Senior Vice President - Developer Relations, Kii Corporation
- Dave Pearson, VP - Industry Solutions - Oracle
- Chris Pick, CMO, Apptio & President/TBM Council
“Information systems are undergoing an architectural shift in the face of the increasing importance of, and integration with social, mobile, cloud and Big Data technologies,” said conference chair Ken North. “Organizations can shorten the learning curve for adopting SMAC technologies by learning from the early adopters and experts who will be presenting at BTS Summit 2013. Our goal is to offer a superior technical program presented by a world-class faculty who will provide insights that lead to successful adoption of today’s cloud computing, Big Data, social and mobile technologies.”
Additional details on the Bellevue and Raleigh events will be announced in the coming weeks.
Call for Speakers
The call for speakers is now open for the BTS Summit West Coast conference. Conference organizers are seeking proposals for presentations and panel discussions about cloud computing and/or Big Data technology and real world applications. Areas of primary interest include:
- Advanced and Predictive Analytics
- Application Architecture & Design
- Architectures and Platforms for Social, Mobile, Cloud and Big Data
- Big Data: Why and How?
- Case Studies and Lessons Learned
- Cloud Databases, Storage, Security and Management
- Enterprise Applications and Services
- Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds
- Economics & ROI: Cloud & Big Data
- eGovernment, Government Cloud
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DaaS
- Network virtualization, software-defined networking
- Performance and Scalability
- Risks, Governance, Mitigation
- SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud) Adoption
Submissions are being accepted at http://www.btssummit.com. Deadline for submissions is November 30, 2012.
About Business & Technology Solutions Summit
Goals and technology must be aligned in order to provide solutions that best serve the needs of the enterprise. The BTS Summits will focus on exploring emerging technology trends and how public and private sector organizations can realize the benefits of these solutions. The 2013 conferences will focus on cloud computing, Big Data, social and mobile computing. To register, or for information on sponsorship opportunities, visit http://www.btssummit.com or join us online on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus!
About SH Worldwide
SH Worldwide is a major event company, founded in 1978 and headquartered in Seattle. The company specializes in providing services for event production including full DMC capabilities, venue searches, registration, logistics and conference development. SH Worldwide specializes in the creation, launch, and ongoing success of high tech events for companies including Microsoft, Razorfish, and many others. Our track record in this industry is long and distinguished by innovation, attention to detail, and success. Visit http://www.shworldwide.com for more information.
# # #