read about the company’s policy on guarding your information
Kent (PRWEB UK) 5 November 2012
The protection of customers’ information is vital to business at Luggage Superstore and the team would like to hand out some tips on ways to keep safe to be sure any online shopping experience is a pleasant one. With the festive season coming in especially, many consumers would be doing a lot of online shopping for a variety of items. Be sure to:-
- Always type in the address of the site you wish to go to rather than use links that come attached in emails.
- Look for the locked symbol on the browser to be sure that the web site is secure or the symbols on the browser bar to be sure the site does not share identity information.
- Look for the latest credit card password procedures, such as Verified by Visa. This would ask for specific parts of the unique user password.
- Protect your computer as hidden spyware can easily get downloaded to computers while looking for simple things like screensavers etc.
- Each Christmas there is always an alert for fake e-cards that once opened can send viruses to the computer and possibly to everyone on your email contact list.
- A good rule to take on board is if you do not recognise the name or the address coming in on your email-do not open it-bin it right away.
- In the UK, it is usually better to shop online with a credit card as this gives added protection. Even better if you can use a Paypal account, do so-it is very easy and extremely safe but must always have a really good password.
- Checking return and refund policy also as legitimate. Ask as many questions for peace of mind on return policies.
- Again, make sure your checkout process is secure. This relates to point one of looking for a the locked padlock on the browser
- Take some time to read about the company’s policy on guarding your information put on the online store.
- Be aware and look for any hidden costs that might be added on after purchase.
- Keep all receipts and email confirmation for purchases.
- Never shop on short notice. Start shopping early so that you can look around for bargains and not be forced to buy the most expensive
Luggage Superstore’s established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.