(PRWEB) November 02, 2012
The Lupus Alliance of Michigan’s Annual Symposium will be held on Saturday, November 10th from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm at the MSU Management Education Center in Troy. This is the premier event for lupus information from the area’s top professionals.
At the Door: $15.00
Free Admission With Paid Membership to the Lupus Alliance of Michigan
- 9:30 am - 10:00 am: Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 am - 10:45 am: Questions & Answers with a Panel of Physicians
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm: Welcome Address by Keynote Speaker Robert Phillips, PhD
- 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm: Concurrent Breakout Sessions #1 & #2
- 12:45 pm - 1:15 pm: Lunch & Lupus Awards Program
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm: Lupus Warrior Panel
- 2:15 pm - 2:45 pm: Concurrent Breakout Sessions #3 & #4
- 2:45 pm - 3:00 pm: Motivating Send-Off & Evaluation
Keynote Speaker Robert Phillips, PhD
Dr. Robert H. Phillips is a licensed psychologist who has been in private practice for more than 30 years, and is the founder and director of Long Island’s Center for Coping (http://www.coping.com). Dr. Phillips, the published author of more than 30 books, has presented over five hundred papers and talks at seminars, conventions, and meetings throughout the United States and internationally, and has spoken many times for the Lupus Alliance of America. He has served on the Board of Directors of the national Lupus Foundation of America, and currently serves on the Board of Directors and the National Scientific Board of the American Autoimmune and Related Diseases Association. Dr. Phillips also serves on medical advisory boards, is the psychologist for a number of major local and national organizations, and is the host of a nationally-available, audio-streamed radio show(http://www.copingconversations.com).
For Symposium information or to register today, contact The Lupus Alliance of Michigan office at (800) 705-6677 or online at http://www.milupus.org.