Lung cancer accounts for 1.3 million deaths annually. During this year, an estimated 226,160 new cases of lung cancer were expected to be diagnosed, which amounts to about 14% of all cancer diagnoses.
Aliso Viejo, California (PRWEB) November 05, 2012
California insurance agency, MPX Insurance Services, encourages residents to recognize the month of November as National Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Lung Cancer is the leading cause of death among other types of cancer, for both men and women.
According to the American Lung Association, lung cancer accounts for 1.3 million deaths annually. During this year, an estimated 226,160 new cases of lung cancer were expected to be diagnosed, which amounts to about 14% of all cancer diagnoses. With such strong numbers, it is important to be aware of this horrific disease and aware of prevention techniques.
MPX Insurance has a few prevention techniques to share with California residents:
- First and foremost, do not smoke. Current smokers are not doomed, either. Quitting as soon as possible will still reduce the risk of cancer.
- Avoid secondhand smoke as best as possible.
- Fill dinner plates with fruits and vegetables to reap health benefits from their nutrients.
- Test homes for radon. It is odorless and cannot be seen, so testing is critical.
- Make exercise a part of everyday routines.
- Drink alcohol in moderation.
- Visit the doctor at least once a year to keep up with changes in health. Residents worried about health and medical costs should turn to MPX Insurance for a free California medical insurance quote.
Such a prevalent disease may seem unstoppable, but following the advice listed above can minimize the risk. The agents at MPX Insurance encourage all residents to put health first, and not only to prevent lung cancer, but in light of prevention of all illnesses and diseases. There is truly no greater wealth than good health!
About MPX Insurance:
MPX Insurance Services, a California insurance agency, provides comprehensive insurance solutions not only throughout California, but in Nevada and Arizona as well. As a full-service agency they are dedicated to identifying risk, making recommendations for protection, and following up with dependable service.