Qbase is fully committed to helping our public and private sector clients build and expand their enterprise and global search solutions.
Reston, VA (PRWEB) November 05, 2012
Qbase, LLC, a leading provider of geographic search solutions, business intelligence solutions, and information technology services today announced the launch of their expanded MetaCarta Geographic Search and Referencing Platform (GSRP) Software Version 4.7.0 (v.4.7.0.) This software release represents important upgrades to the geotagging of unstructured documents and the geosearch platform that customers rely upon to expedite their location-based searches.
With the release of v.4.7.0, MetaCarta can now extract, disambiguate, and geocode almost half a billion locations from around the world - representing a nearly two-fold increase from the Spring 2012 MetaCarta release. A majority of the expanded geographic reach is delivered through the addition of five new country Street Address Geographic Data Modules (GDMs) for Canada, France, Germany, Russia, and the United Kingdom. Not only is the MetaCarta location coverage industry-leading, but there is no other software solution available that delivers the street address functionality available from MetaCarta.
Other significant improvements available from the MetaCarta v.4.7.0 release include expanded options for software-only versions of existing MetaCarta appliance-based applications; significant Base GDM geoname expansion; and various security and connector updates.
MetaCarta’s Software Version 4.7.0 includes:
- Street Address GDMs for Canada, France, Germany, Russia, and the United Kingdom (for a total of eight)
- All eight Street Address GDMs now available as Software-only (Linux Redhat)
- Query Parser now available as Software-only (Linux Redhat)
- MetaCarta’s Base GDM has been expanded with more than 2.1 million new geonames for an industry-leading 29.6 million searchable place names.
- All Street Address GDMs now deliver partial street address completion, auto spelling corrections, confidence scoring, and feature type metadata tag.
- ESRI ArcMAP Plug-in has been updated for versions 9.3.1 and 10.
- Connector updates have been made for SharePoint 2010, Documentum 6.6 and 6.7, Meridio 18.104.22.168, and Memex.
- Maps and shapefiles have been refreshed.
- Numerous security updates.
As customers have requested, MetaCarta is continuing to aggressively extend its Software-only configurations for those that desire the power of a MetaCarta solution, but with the flexibility of a non-hardware bound product. Before MetaCarta Software v.4.7.0, only MetaCarta’s GeoTagger, Location Finder and Solr Toolkit for GeoSearch were available as Linux Redhat. Now, Query Parser and all eight Street Address GDMs are also available in Linux Redhat. With this release, all of MetaCarta’s core solutions are now available in either an appliance or stand-alone software version.
Geographic Search and Referencing Platform (GSRP) Software Version 4.7.0 is fully available. For more information, contact the Qbase Metacarta Sales organization.
Qbase, LLC is a worldwide provider of innovative decision support technologies and information technology professional services to support the mission-critical operations of our clients. For more information, visit 4qbase.com.