Hamburg, Germany / San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 06, 2012
CoreMedia, a leading Web content management (WCM) company, today announced that customers IG BCE, Internet Broadcasting and REHAU have won 2012 WebAwards and W3 Awards. All websites were developed using CoreMedia’s industry-leading WCM platform, CoreMedia CMS, which enables businesses to create engaging, context-aware online experiences.
- Founded by the Web Marketing Association in 1997, the WebAward Competition is dedicated to naming the best Web sites in 96 industries and honors talented individual and team efforts for outstanding website development.
- Websites are assessed by a professional judging panel, which provides specific feedback on how each site ranks against seven standards of excellence – design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copywriting and ease of use.
- Internet Broadcasting, a leading provider of digital publishing of technology and for broadcast media, won a 2012 WebAward for “Outstanding Website.”
- REHAU, a premium provider of polymer-based innovations and systems for construction, automotive and industrial sectors, won a 2012 WebAward for “Manufacturing Standard of Excellence.”
- Founded in 2005, the W3 Awards are sanctioned and judged by the International Academy of Visual Arts, an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from media, interactive, advertising and marketing firms. The award honors creative excellence on the Web and recognizes the creative and marketing professionals behind award winning sites, marketing programs and video work created for the Web.
- This year, over 3,000 entries from ad agencies, public relations firms, interactive agencies, in-house creative professionals, Web designers, graphic designers and Web enthusiasts were submitted.
- IG BCE, the third largest trade union in the world for those in the mining, chemical and energy industries, won a 2012 W3 Silver Award in the “Associations” category.
- REHAU won a 2012 W3 Silver Award in the “Manufacturing” category – making them the only CoreMedia customer to win both a W3 and WebAward this year.
“Achieving our vision of strengthening and empowering our members, who number over 700,000, is contingent upon efficiently sharing news, materials and information via our member portal,” said Christian Huelsmeier, head of media and communications, IG BCE. “CoreMedia’s CMS makes it possible for our members to leverage our resources on-demand. We’re honored to be recognized by the W3 awards this year.”
“Internet Broadcasting provides a comprehensive, digital publishing solution for media companies that leverage CoreMedia’s CMS technology. Our clients are digital leaders and so we want our own website reflect the engaging experience we offer our clients. Having the right CMS technology partner by our side is very important,” said Elmer Baldwin, president and CEO. “We now have an engaging and dynamic corporate website that showcases our brand to online audiences and prospects. This award win helps validate the direction we’ve taken and is a reflection of our partnership with CoreMedia.”
“With customers in over 50 countries worldwide, it’s imperative that we provide a consistent Web experience regardless of location or language,” said Klaus Gollwitzer, head of Corporate Communications, REHAU. “With CoreMedia’s CMS, we have been able to create a uniform, flexible and scalable Web presence that facilitates seamless interaction for customers and employees worldwide. We are extremely honored to have won both a 2012 WebAward and W3 Award this year.”
“We’re thrilled that three of our customers have won the prestigious WebAwards and W3 Awards,” said Glenn Conradt, vice president of global marketing and North America, CoreMedia. “This industry-wide recognition validates the momentum that we’ve experienced over the past year and the strength of our CMS platform. We’re proud that we can empower a wide range of organizations to consistently build an engaging and contextualized online experience for their target markets.”
CoreMedia is a leading provider of Web Content Management (WCM) software to organizations demanding engaging, context-driven online experiences for their customers – regardless of channel or touchpoint. The company’s WCM suite offers unique business value by seamlessly integrating digital and social media assets, increasing editorial productivity and accelerating time to market in complex environments. As a result, businesses can more effectively execute their online strategies to engage users, build customer loyalty and ultimately drive greater revenue and profitability.
Established in 1996, CoreMedia is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Singapore. CoreMedia’s clients include global brands, such as the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), Bertelsmann, BILD, CLAAS, Continental, EPCOS, Deutsche Telekom, Internet Broadcasting, Telefónica, and Singapore Press Holdings.
For further information on CoreMedia, please visit http://www.coremedia.com.