Get Bling without Breaking the Bank

Share Article

Jewelry Designer and Expert Sylvie Levine Offers Money-Saving Shopping Tips for the Holidays

News Image
Expert Sylvie Levine from Sylvie Collection offers three insider tips to save when buying fine jewelry this holiday season: Shop for halos, colored gemstones and 14 karat gold (versus 18 karat or platinum).

According to the latest forecast from IDEX Online Research, total U.S. fine jewelry and watch sales are expected to rise by 4.2 percent during November and December 2012 (versus 2011). However, consumers today will also be shopping shrewdly and smartly this holiday season. Expert Sylvie Levine from Sylvie Collection offers three insider tips to save when buying fine jewelry this holiday season: Shop for halos, colored gemstones and 14 karat gold (versus 18 karat or platinum).

Halo jewelry, a style which has been trending over the past several years in bridal fine jewelry is now making its way into the fashion fine jewelry arena. What is the reason ladies love it? Setting a rim of diamonds around a center stone makes the featured diamond or gemstone look larger! Because small pavé diamonds are found in abundance, they are affordable. Fashion fine jewelry– that is pendants, rings and earrings– with a halo are classic make great gifts for women of all ages and personalities. Sylvie Collection offers over 50 styles under $1,000!

When speaking of colored gemstones, there are endless beautiful and reasonably-priced gems available today. The regal three–rubies, emeralds and sapphires–are always enticing but consider some of the other less publicized and less expensive gems for gifting this holiday. In keeping with the black and white trend, clear crystal quartz and black onyx are gorgeous options. Sylvie offers these gems set into earrings, cocktail rings and pendants. Opt for black diamonds as accents in lieu of white ones. Not only are they less expensive, they also have a sultry, subtle sparkle. Obsessed with maroon, the color of the season? Why not pick rubellite in lieu of ruby? Pink tourmaline is another lovely option which totes a less opulent price tag.

When shopping for fine jewelry thoughts turn to precious metals especially gold. Buying karat gold jewelry is a wise investment today given that the value has steadily increased over the past decade. Fourteen karat gold is 58 percent pure gold with the other 42 percent being affordable alloys which help keep the cost down. Prices too have increased so Sylvie Collection has opted to offer every single jewelry style in not only 18 karat gold but also the more affordable 14 karat gold. Each style is also available in rose, white and yellow 14 karat gold for the discerning customer who wants shopping options!

Sylvie Collection boasts more than 1,000 customizable styles of diamond engagement rings and wedding bands. Designer Sylvie Levine is committed to designing diamond jewelry that is timeless, versatile and sophisticated. Sylvie Collection uses the highest quality materials including: pristinely cut center stones, hand-carved milgrain, full-cut side stones, fancy-colored diamonds and sapphires as well as platinum,18K and 14K yellow, rose and white gold. The Sylvie Collection is available at fine jewelers nationwide. For more information visit http://www.SylvieCollection.com.

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Sylvie Levine
Sylvie Collection
(214) 472-9999 x105
Email >
Visit website

Media