Walnut Creek, CA (PRWEB) November 06, 2012
Pat Vitucci, an independent financial advisor, offers the following ten considerations for persons financial planning for retirement:
1. Social Security Benefits. There are many options when it comes to social security benefits. Should you begin at age 62 or wait until your normal social benefits age? What are the options for a spouse?
2. How much money will you need? Many experts say that a retired person will need approximately 70-80% of preretirement income. But there will be many variables in your lifestyle. A big factor? Medical costs.
3. Employer's retirement savings plan. Generally speaking if your employer has such a plan...even if the employer does not contribute...you should contribute all you can because of
4. Savings Plan. Do something and stick with it. Even a small amount each month builds nicely over the years.
5. IRA (Individual Retirement Account). Much like an employer's retirement savings plan, you should maximize this opportunity.
6. Employer's Pension Plan. If you are lucky enough to work for a company that has such a thing nowadays, learn all about it.
7. Investment Mix. "Don't Invest and Forget" is the title of Pat Vitucci's book. However you are savings you will need to determine how and where your money is invested and at what risk level.
8. Tax considerations. What tax bracket are you in now and what bracket will you be when you retire? Should you have taxable investments or tax deferred investments or tax free investments?
9. Medical Plan. How are you going to be covered? Will you need long term care coverage or will you be "self insured"?
10. Retirement or semi-retirement? Are you going to just stop working completely or will you have some other part time income.
YOU CAN FIND A FULL DISCUSSION OF PAT VITUCCI'S CONSIDERATIONS AT http://dontinvestandforget.com/financial-article/top-ten-considerations-in-financial-planning-for-retirement/
About Pat Vitucci
Independent financial advisor Pat Vitucci provides financial advice for several radio and television stations and hosts an hour-long radio show called “Your Financial Life.” He conducts seminars on various financial topics throughout the greater Bay Area, sometimes in conjunction with other industry professionals, and has lectured at many organizations, both civic and fraternal, and at numerous corporate-sponsored events.
Pat’s mantra—“Don’t Invest And Forget”™—is not only the title of his book, but it is also the foundation of Vitucci & Associates Insurance Services. Additionally, it’s a reflection of how he manages his investments with an active asset allocation method of continually evaluating and redeploying clients’ portfolios based upon changing market conditions.
Pat Vitucci has been an active leader in the financial services industry for more than 30 years. He has served in various capacities in his corporate life, including being President of Broker Relations and President of a subsidiary of a major financial corporation. He lives in Alamo and studied at Monmouth University in New Jersey, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics.
Securities and advisory services offered through National Planning Corporation (NPC), member FINRA, SIPC, and a Registered Investment Advisor. Pasquale Vitucci, CA Insurance Lic. # 0758212, is an Endorsed Agent of Vitucci & Associates Insurance Services CA Insurance Lic. # 0I06319. Vitucci & Associates Insurance Services and NPC are separate and unrelated companies.. 67198