Every 10 days, drivers who have underinflated tires and poorly maintained engines waste approximately 70 million gallons of gasoline.
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) November 13, 2012
Pedata RV Center releases safe driving techniques for the recreational vehicle . Reviewing the rudimentary driving tips from driver’s education could be useful for many veteran RVers.
Safe and Effective RV Driving Tips – A Refresher Course for Driver’s Education
1. Observe Speed Limits: Gas mileage decreases sharply above 55 mph, likelihood for accidents on the road increase, and likelihood of injury in the event of an accident also increases.
2. Drive Gently: Sudden accelerations and jerky stop-and-go’s have similar ramifications as “speeding.” RVers will greatly benefit from using cruise control on open highways in order to keep speed as steady as possible.
3. Avoid Excessive Idling: Shut the engine off while waiting. Vehicles are now designed to warm up quickly so excessive idling to “warm up” the engine during cold months should be a thing of the past.
4. Remove Excess Items: Excess items mean excess weight in the vehicle. Less weight means better mileage, etc.
5. Obey Traffic Laws: They are there for a reason. If an RVer must know the reason, they should take note of the law at hand and consult a legal professional at a later time. Never disregard a posted traffic law because the reason behind it is not immediately apparent.
6. Plan Trips: A good plan can mean avoiding high traffic areas as well as potentially dangerous routes.
7. Keep The Engine Tuned Up: Follow the service schedules listed in the owner’s manual for maximum performance and the least amount of “surprises” on the road.
8. Check the Tires: Proper inflation will not only maximize fuel efficiency, but will allow RVers to avoid potentially dangerous blowouts.
Gerard Pedata of Pedata RV Center said, “Every 10 days, drivers who have underinflated tires and poorly maintained engines waste approximately 70 million gallons of gasoline according to experts on the Car Care Council.” Most RV veterans feel safe on the road, but will find that they aren’t following the most basic tips when it comes to both safety and vehicle performance.
Pedata RV Center sells used RVs, travel trailers, fifth wheels, campers, and motor homes. Their full inventory is accessible online and due to their low overhead costs they are able to offer competitive pricing in their industry. Easy access to industry and recreational vehicle information allows consumers to have access to the specific knowledge they need to ensure their purchase results in long-term satisfaction.