In just two years, Quadrocopter grew into a multimillion-dollar online business powered by 3dcart ecommerce software.
Tamarac, FL (PRWEB) November 08, 2012
Flori Seeger helped found one of the web’s premiere universal aerial platforms sites, featuring tips on assembling the machines and where to purchase the hard-to-find parts. After just two years, Quadrocopter announced today that it has become a multimillion-dollar online business, powered by 3dcart ecommerce software.
In 2010, Flori began the search for the right shopping cart software provider. As a java developer and experienced designer, he really wanted to find a platform that included built-in, out-of-the-box website tools—but also featured a heavily customizable framework. On the advice of a coworker, he chose 3dcart.
3dcart combines the best of both worlds. The software suite includes plenty of ready-made features for merchants with little technical expertise and to save time and money for experienced developers. But the software is also built on a flexible framework that gives developers and designers the ability to create certain elements of their store independently.
In addition to the framework, Flori uses other features regularly, including:
- Social media marketing: Quadrocopter uses 3dcart’s social media plug-ins (including Facebook store integration) to power a strong social presence.
- Shipping integration: To manage shipping, Quadrocopter uses ShipWorks, a third-party application that integrates directly with the 3dcart system.
- Built-in CRM: On the backend, admins can view order histories, correspondence and other customer traits. On the frontend, customers can sign into their accounts and view their own histories on the website.
- Content management and admin control: On the administrative side of Quadrocopter, around 16 different employees have access to the shopping cart.
- QuickBooks plug-in: 3dcart simplifies how both platforms work together, bridging them with a simple plug-in that helps them interact in real-time.
“3dcart is a single solution that does it all,” he says. “From inventory management to rewards programs, it has everything you could possibly need to run an online retail start-up.”
To view the full Quadrocopter story, visit http://www.3dcart.com/ecommerce-case-studies.html.
3dcart (http://www.3dcart.com) is the leading ecommerce provider for businesses of all sizes. It simplifies the complexity associated with building an online store and in the process helps businesses succeed online. The company partners with more than 200 of the world’s leading online services providers, including payment solutions, shipping carriers and more. Its web-based offering provides the most complete set of ecommerce services available, including website building, order management and marketing tools.
3dcart serves thousands of customers worldwide. Services include the tools, advice, technical support, and technology to manage an entire online operation successful. Established in 1997, 3dcart’s entire operation including product development and technical support is U.S. based in their Tamarac, Florida offices. Today, 3dcart is an Inc. 5000 company, a Visa PCI Certified provider and a pioneer in Mobile Commerce and Social Marketing, with over 16,000 successful clients, including The New York Times, Candy.com, Blue Diamond® and many others.