Veterans play some of the most important roles in the history of our great country.
Neenah, Wis. (PRWEB) November 08, 2012
As the United States celebrates Veterans Day Nov. 11, as it’s been recognized every Nov. 11 since 1919, following the end of World War I, we honor America’s veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.
“Veterans play some of the most important roles in the history of our great country, and they deserve recognition for their sacrifices on their special day and every day,” says Lynn Wilson, Founder of The CareGiver Partnership, a national retailer of incontinence products and other home health care supplies. “There are many ways to help, but here are five easy ways to get involved now.”
- Area Veterans Day events can be found by searching online or in local newspapers. Celebrations might include a parade or organized walk, flag-raising ceremony, musical performance or simply observing 2 minutes of silence at 11 a.m. in honor of deceased veterans.
- Many veterans appreciate visitors, especially if their families don’t live nearby. Potential visitors should call ahead to veterans hospitals or assisted living homes and ask how they can help.
- Reputable veterans organizations may accept monetary donations and/or material items. Veterans’ assisted living facilities often need and appreciate donations of clothing.
- Veterans’ organizations like the VFW organize community service days, such as highway cleanup projects or placing flags at veterans’ grave sites.
- Anyone can take a few minutes to write thank-you cards to active duty military, military families and veterans. Local Army-Navy Reserve branches have more information, and letter-writing tips and mailing addresses also are available at the nonprofit Blue Star Families.
The CareGiver Partnership wishes all U.S. veterans, active military and their families a blessed Veteran’s Day. See The CareGiver Partnership’s caregiver resources page for more veteran and military links.
The CareGiver Partnership is a national direct-to-consumer retailer of home healthcare products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, daily living aids, nutrition support and more. In its sixth year of providing products and services that help caregivers and loved ones maintain personal dignity, the company also offers an online library of more than 1,200 family caregiver resources and personal service by experts in caregiving. Call 1-800-985-1353 or visit online.