Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) November 12, 2012
The Society for New Communications Research (SNCR), a global nonprofit research and education foundation and think tank focused on the latest developments in new media and communications, announced the winners of the 2012 SNCR Excellence in New Communications Awards at the 7th Annual SNCR Symposium & Awards Gala held at the Stanford Park Hotel in Palo Alto, CA on November 8-9, 2012.
These prestigious awards honor the work of corporations, governmental organizations, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, media outlets and individuals who are innovating the use of social media, ICT, mobile media, and collaborative technologies in the areas of business, media, and professional communications, including advertising, marketing, public relations, corporate communications, and CRM, as well as entertainment, education, politics, and social initiatives.
Awards were granted in six divisions: Corporate, Government, Media, Nonprofit/NGO, Academic, and Technology Innovation, and in five categories. The top winners include:
- External Communications & Communities: Stanford University School of Engineering, Academic Division; Cisco, Corporate Division; The City of Calgary, Government Division; Social Media Today, Media Division; Goodwill Industries International, Nonprofit Division
- Internal Communications & Communities: Bacardi Limited, Corporate Division
- Measurement & ROI: Rutgers Center for Management Development, Academic Division; SocialEyez with Etisalat, Corporate Division; SocialEyez with Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA), Government Division; UNICEF, Nonprofit Division; UNIFIED, Technology Innovation Division
- Mobile Media: Sodexo USA, Corporate Division
- Social Media Marketing: Adobe, Corporate Division; Arketi Group with The Technology Association of Georgia, Nonprofit Division
The Society’s Fellows also honored:
- TEDx as Organization of the Year for empowering communities, organizations and individuals with the platform and tools to stimulate dialogue and generate “ideas worth spreading” through TED-like experiences at the local level.
- Kickstarter as Innovation of the Year for its crowd-sourced fundraising platform that enables individuals and small organizations to build a community of support for their creative ideas and projects. More than 31,000 projects have been successfully funded via Kickstarter.
- Ushahidi as Humanitarian Organization of the Year for its free and open source software that collects, provides visualization and interactive mapping. The Ushahidi platform has been used to map major issues around the world such as incidents of violence and peace events.
- Reid Hoffman as Visionary of the Year for his role in creating the world’s largest social network that connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful
In addition to the top award winners in each division and category, Commendations of Merit and Commendations of Excellence were presented to eleven other organizations that submitted case studies in the awards program. In its seven-year history, SNCR has honored nearly 200 organizations and individuals through this prestigious awards program and all the winning case studies will be published on http://sncr.org.
About the Society for New Communications Research (SNCR):
The Society for New Communications Research is a global nonprofit 501(c)(3) research and education foundation and think tank focused on the advanced study of the latest developments in new media and communications, and their effect on traditional media and business models, communications, culture and society. For more information, visit http://sncr.org.