“We are so close to the Capitol Building that we just can’t help but catch Inauguration fever,” said Joy Whiddon, director of sales at Capitol Hill Hotel.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 08, 2012
Capitol Hill Hotel — a newly renovated boutique property located in the heart of the Capitol Hill historic district and the closest hotel to the Capitol building — has announced two presidentially-inspired packages: a delightfully decadent Inauguration package called “The Presidential Package” and an experiential one called “All About Abe” in anticipation of the wide-release of the film, “Lincoln.”
The 152-room Capitol Hill Hotel is ideally situated for guests to take part in both Inauguration festivities and Lincoln-inspired tourism.
“We are so close to the Capitol Building that we just can’t help but catch Inauguration fever,” said Joy Whiddon, director of sales at Capitol Hill Hotel. “And the “All About Abe” package grew out of the local buzz and excitement surrounding the movie’s release. There is so much to see in D.C. that is Lincoln-related — we wanted to share it with our guests.”
Capitol Hill Hotel’s “ The Presidential Package” is intended to make guests feel very presidential when they travel to Washington D.C.. For $26,000, up to four guests can experience the ease and luxury befitting a world class leader, as they experience this historic event. This four-day package is available from January 18 until January 22 and features highlights including a personal Chevy Suburban for use during the duration of the stay as well as an on-call personal chef — Karen Nicolas of Equinox Restaurant, who will thoughtfully prepare delicious meals.
"The Presidential Package" includes:
- Airport transfer in a Chevy Suburban, available 24/7 for the duration of your stay
- Accommodations for up to 4 people in two One Bedroom Suites, complete with a full kitchen, stocked with 2 bottles of Veuve Clicquot, fresh fruit, mineral water, gourmet coffee, and snacks
- A private party for 10 in the atrium of the award-winning Equinox Restaurant, complete with a tailored menu and perfectly paired wine selections
- A personal tour of the National Archives will allow you to immerse yourself in culture, through relics of presidents, first ladies and past elections
- Your own personal on-call chef — Karen Nicolas of Equinox Restaurant, a 2012 Food & Wine Best New Chef — will prepare private meals for two to be enjoyed in the comfort of your room. Experience the best in D.C. cuisine with dishes such as:
- Atlantic Fluke Sashimi with American Caviar, Blinis and Sweet Onion Sabayon
- Roasted Chestnut Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms, Brussel Sprout Leaves and Perigord Truffle Purée
- Poached Maine Lobster with Delicata Squash, Puffed Red Rice and Curry Leaf Almond Sauce
- Pennsylvania Venison with Parsnip Custard, Quince and Savoy Cabbage
- A presidential photo shoot, steps away from a famous presidential memorial, will allow you to commemorate the grandeur of the event
- Herbal body wrap, facial, manicure and pedicure for up to 4 people from a renowned local spa to indulge in pre-Inauguration pampering
- A personal wardrobe stylist and a team of top beauty and hair gurus will assist your group with hair styling and make-up applications for up to four people so that you all look presidential at Inaugural events
Interested parties should call the hotel directly to book at (202) 543-6000.
Steven Spielberg’s highly-anticipated film, "Lincoln," will be widely released on November 16 and Capitol Hill Hotel is celebrating the premiere of the film with the “All About Abe” package. The film, a biographical drama based on Doris Kearns Goodwin's book entitled “Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln,” has an all-star cast which includes Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln and Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln. Some of D.C.’s most historic and Lincoln-centric attractions, including the magnificent Lincoln Memorial and the Emancipation Statue in Lincoln Park, await just outside the doors of Capitol Hill Hotel.
The "All About Abe" package includes:
- Tickets to tour Ford’s Theater National Historic Site and The Peterson House (note: admission is free, but tickets can be pre-purchased for a confirmed time and self-guided audio tour)
- Tickets to President Lincoln’s Cottage
- Copy of Doris Kearns Goodwin's biography of Lincoln, "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln"
- Accommodation in Capitol Hill Hotel’s all-suite guestrooms – 50 percent larger than the typical D.C. hotel room – outfitted with fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes, complimentary Wi-Fi and continental breakfast each morning
- A Neighborhood Guide, the hotel’s exclusive insider’s guide to the Capitol Hill including special tips on the best of 'The Hill'
Rates for “All About Abe” start at $159 per night plus tax. For more information on Capitol Hill Hotel, including these packages, please visit: http://capitolhillhotel-dc.com/
About Capitol Hill Hotel:
Capitol Hill Hotel is a member of the Independent Collection – a collection of boutique hotels in unique locales including Brooklyn, N.Y., Philadelphia, Boston and more – and is managed by HHM.
Capitol Hill Hotel is located in the heart of the Capitol Hill historic district, one of the most prestigious neighborhoods in the capital, and just footsteps from the capital’s most famous landmarks. Capitol Hill Hotel welcomes both short and extended stay travelers and the property encompasses 152 all-suite guestrooms all of which feature a kitchenette or kitchen. Drawing inspiration from its beloved neighborhood, the Capitol Hill Hotel design incorporates modern décor with local aesthetics – paying homage to the vibrant and culturally eclectic city in which it resides. Adjacent to the hotel are renowned local restaurants and boutique shopping alternatives, a few steps further and be amongst world leaders and be moved by historic landmarks.
About The Independent Collection:
The Independent Collection is a growing collection of smaller, more intimate boutique lifestyle hotels located in truly unique neighborhoods of gateway cities across the US. The hotels of the Independent Collection are developed for the independently minded traveler and invite guests to experience the true spirit of the city.
HHM, formerly known as Hersha Hospitality Management, operates 115 hotels across the United States. It provides turnkey hotel management, asset management and receivership for properties with leading brand affiliations through Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, and Intercontinental Hotel Group. HHM also operates 14 independent hotels ranging from the AAA Five Diamond Rittenhouse Hotel in Philadelphia, to the oceanfront Postcard Inn in the Florida Keys. Its highly experienced team is accustomed to serving as a fiduciary to publicly traded companies, joint ventures, institutional real estate owners and private investors. Additional information on HHM can be found at hhmhospitality.com.
For further information, please contact Capitol Hill Hotel at (202) 543-6000, http: http://www.capitolhillhotel-dc.com/. For further press inquiries, contact: Mary Gollhofer at (267) 238-5025, mary.gollhofer at hhmlp.com.