New York, NY (PRWEB) November 08, 2012
DWELL MEDIA announces today the launch of its special issue, Dwell Bath & Spa. The SIP will hit newsstands this week and will be distributed as a newsstand-only issue for 90 days. The issue includes 167 pages of the most inspiring modern design ideas and products for the bath.
The issue features a photo rich collection of more than 200 new products ranging from sleek vanities & fixtures to spa tubs and clever accessories, each possessing the qualities desired to create an ethereal retreat. Whether building a new bath or renovating an old one, the issue abounds with great ideas for storage, organization, and customizing the most important space in the home.
Dwell Founder Lara Deam’s bathroom is featured in the cover, the custom tub designed by her husband, architect & product designer Christopher Deam. Deam’s design is on display in the hand cut vertical tile surround on the salvaged bathtub that suits the design sensibility of their Northern California home. Dwell Bath & Spa also highlights a bath in Brooklyn, recently featured on the Dwell / NY Magazine City Modern Home Tour. Architecture firm MADE resurrected a vintage chest and converted it into a custom vanity. Additionally, a New England farmhouse is transform its bathroom into a room with a view, replete with soaking tub with a view of the great outdoors through floor to ceiling windows.
Special Sections include:
- Spas & Saunas, Showers, Bathtubs, Sinks & Vanities and Kids' Bathrooms.
- A look at rising star Oki Sato's High-Design Bathroom collection
- Sustainable solutions in the bathroom in "How Low Can You Flow?"
- A spread of outdoor showers to inspire future weekend retreats.
- An interview with environmental educator Laura Allen about Greywater Action, a group dedicated to building sustainable water culture and infrastructure.
Dwell has achieved great success with its SIPs over the past two years, and will be publishing three in 2013 including ‘Renovation’ and ‘Prefab’ themed issues.
Dwell Bath & Spa hits newsstands November 12.