"Don't under estimate the fiscal cliff. When I tell you that we think there is a 60 to 70% chance of resolution, that means there is a 30 to 40% chance of non-resolution," warned Mohamed El-Erian, CEO PIMCO.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 12, 2012
John Mauldin, Chairman of Mauldin Economics and best-selling author, economist, and financial writer, will be bringing together some of the best, straight-talking economic and investing minds in his Rolodex for a 90-minute webcast to help investors navigate the post-election markets. “The Post-Election Economy: A Clear-Eyed Analysis of the Risks and Opportunities for Investors” will feature a blue-ribbon faculty with special insights into both the political and economic challenges that face the nation.
The goal of this webcast will be to help investors understand the specific challenges that must be overcome for the economy to exit this difficult period. Panel members will also discuss the decisions that have to be made by Congress and others, the most likely consequences to individuals if there is no action, as well as providing solutions that will help protect investors from the resulting risk.
The single most common question readers ask of John is what to do with their money and investments after the election. To help answer that question Mauldin Economics will be providing anyone who registers for this webcast, free access to the insight and analysis usually reserved for large institutional money managers by bringing together a powerhouse panel of experts including:
- John Mauldin, Chairman of Mauldin Economics
- Mohamed El-Erian, CEO PIMCO
- Barry Ritholz, CEO The Big Picture and FusionIQ
- Gary Shilling, President of A. Gary Shilling & Co. Inc.
- James Bianco, President of Bianco Research, LLC
- Richard Yamarone, Senior Economist, Bloomberg Brief: Economics
Free Webcast Details:
The Post-Election Economy
Tuesday November 20, 2012
2 pm EST
To register for free go to:http://www.postelectioneconomy.com
Moderated by Lauren Lyster of the program Capital Account from the RT America news network, this webcast will have no media, political or corporate agendas in order to provide investors with a clear, unbiased view of what challenges lay ahead. Agenda topics include:
- The fiscal cliff. Are you ready for more taxes? The fiscal cliff will bring an automatic 2% across the board payroll tax increase, expiration of business tax breaks that foster at-home growth, shifts in the Alternative Minimum Tax to take a bigger bite out of income, the first tax increases from the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) in addition to deep automatic cuts to many government programs.
- Ongoing employment troubles. Even good news in the employment reports can be deceiving. Data from the Federal Reserve indicates that the labor force participation rate has continued to drop for the last 12 years and is now below 1980 levels.
- Ballooning deficits and debt. Debt is accelerating along an exponential curve at over $16 trillion and gaining over $1 trillion per year. Suppressed interest rates have kept this debt load manageable, but what happens when interest rates rise?
- Entitlements. Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security expenses are going through the roof as Boomers move into retirement. Can we afford to hold Washington accountable for their many promises?
- Easy-money policies and QE-Infinity. The Fed has promised to keep the spigot running for as long as it takes to improve the economy to the tune of $80 billion every month. Will the new administration let this continue? Will it help or what if it doesn’t work?
- The world economy. Will Europe and Asia’s ongoing troubles shake the US economy and investment markets? If Washington can’t address the problems faced in the US economy, will that send the world into a tailspin?
The Post-Election Economy: A Clear-Eyed Analysis of the Risks and Opportunities for Investors is being sponsored by Mauldin Economics (http://www.MauldinEconomics.com) and Real Clear Politics (http://www.RealClearPolitics.com).
About Mauldin Economics
Mauldin Economics was created to provide individual investors access to the effective strategies typically deployed by institutional money managers on behalf of their high net worth clients, but at a fraction of the cost. For over three decades John Mauldin has been vetting and consulting with money managers to help them grow their assets under management while also providing over 1 million readers with his big picture thoughts on the global economy. Mauldin Economics brings these two levels of service together to give clients actionable investment and trading strategies for investors of all levels. For more information go to http://www.mauldineconomics.com.