"Cosmetic Test Labs offers cosmetics makers affordable, collaborative and flexible service by experienced scientists who understand cosmetics," Dr. Benjamin Tanner.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Round Rock, TX (PRWEB) November 13, 2012
Dr. Benjamin Tanner, founder and president of Antimicrobial Test Laboratories, has announced the successful launch of Cosmetic Test Labs, an independent laboratory built to become the leading provider of testing services to manufacturers of cosmetics and personal care products.
“Cosmetic Test Labs offers cosmetics makers affordable, collaborative and flexible service by experienced scientists who understand cosmetics. Small and large manufacturers alike are certain to benefit from our same-day quotes, fast turn-around times, detailed study reports and reliable results,” said Dr. Tanner.
“Cosmetic Test Labs has outlined five tests every cosmetic producer should perform,” added Rachelle Baker, Laboratory Manager. “We provide testing and services for:
1. Product shelf life and stability,
2. Detection of bacterial or fungal contamination,
3. Preservative challenge testing,
4. Product safety and toxicity,
5. Troubleshooting quality problems.
And Cosmetic Test Labs never tests on animals.”
Cosmetic Test Labs was founded and built by experienced microbiologists with personal care product manufacturers in mind. Prompt communication, frequent study updates, fast study setup and response times, and sincere interest in customer goals are a hallmark of the enterprise that provides "Product Testing Services That are More Than Skin Deep.”
“Contamination of consumer products with bacteria and fungi is a common problem in the manufacturing process,” noted Tanner. “Bacterial and fungal contamination is of particular concern in cosmetics and personal care products since these products come into direct contact with the body. Microbial contamination testing is one of the most important things you can do to ensure the quality and integrity of your product.”
Cosmetic Test Labs uses the following test methods for bacterial and fungal contamination testing:
- Bacterial Plate Counts
- Fungal Plate Counts for yeast and molds
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) 61 - Microbial Contamination Test
- USP 62 - Test for Specific Microorganisms
Cosmetic Test Labs also specializes in industry-standard “challenge” tests and custom methods based on those standards to assist with preservative testing. Tests include:
- Preservative Challenge Screen (standard or customized - natural or synthetic preservatives)
- USP 51 Preservative Challenge Test (standard or customized - natural or synthetic preservatives)
- Preservative Challenge Test for Towelettes (standard or customized - natural or synthetic preservatives)
- Custom Preservative Challenge Test (natural or synthetic preservatives)