San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 12, 2012
Haystack Technologies, the creators of the DASH7 wireless standard, announced HayTag, a product for pet lovers who want a better way of keeping their pets safe and secure. Using HayTag with their smartphones, pet owners can quickly locate a lost pet; receive an alert when a pet leaves the premises; or organize a search for a lost pet among other HayTag users - all without invasive implanted microchips or unattractive GPS collars.
“HayTag demonstrates the potential of our technology when combined with smartphones,” said Patrick Burns, CEO and Co-founder of Haystack Technologies. “More importantly, HayTag addresses an urgent need for a better way to recover the millions of pets lost annually, many of which are unfortunately, never reunited with their owners.”
HayTag consists of a remarkably tiny, lightweight tag that is easily attached to a pet collar and configured through a smartphone equipped with a small HayTag adapter and free HayTag application made available in the iPhone App Store. Upon losing a pet, HayTag users can immediately scan their neighborhood using the HayTag application and invite other HayTag users to help with the search. Users can also configure HayTag to generate alerts if a pet leaves or enters a pre-defined area.
Features and Benefits:
- Small, ruggedized, lightweight design. Similar in size and thickness to a typical dog or cat ID tag and weighing just five grams, a pet will hardly know it’s there. HayTag is designed and built to withstand the toughest situations a pet can throw at it.
- Long-range. HayTag uses an open-source wireless networking standard that achieves transmit and receive ranges of between 200 meters to more than one kilometer. HayTag also finds missing pets located indoors, unlike GPS-based solutions.
- Low-power. The technology in every HayTag is so energy-efficient that a small solar cell is all that is need to power the device — no more hassles with replacing or recharging a battery. Ever.
- Free HayTag iPhone App. Simple, intuitive user interface allows for quick configuration of new HayTags, easy setting of alerts, and fast location of a missing pet. Initially supports Apple iPhone, with Android support planned for mid-2013.
- HayTag Alerts. Notifies you when a pet leaves or enters a pre-defined perimeter.
- HayTag Rescue Rewards. Recruit people in your neighborhood and other animal lovers in your town to help you with your search.
- Secure. HayTag uses AES 128-bit encryption in addition to a unique “listen before talk” feature, preventing others from stalking or eavesdropping on you or your pet.
- Personalized. We add your pet’s name, your phone number, or other vital statistics. Choice of colors: Black, Red, Yellow, and White.
- Low cost. In addition to HayTag’s low cost hardware design, there are no monthly subscription fees and our smartphone app is free.
“We see far too many people devastated when they lose loved pets and they have only traditional – and largely ineffective ways – to find them,” said Scott Delucchi, Sr. Vice President, Community Relations, with the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA in Burlingame. “Simply stated, HayTag can save lives and heartache and be a lost pet’s ticket home.”
How To Buy
HayTag is available through the Indiegogo crowdfunding website at http://www.indiegogo.com/haytag between now and December 5, 2012. Pledges (pre-orders) begin at $99 and delivery is scheduled for March 2013.
Based in San Francisco, California, Haystack Technologies is the worldwide leader in DASH7 open source tools and support. As the original architects of DASH7 Mode 2, OpenTag, and founders of the DASH7 Alliance, the Haystack team is the driving force behind the most promising low power wireless networking technology in the world. Haystack was founded in 2010 (formerly known as Blackbird Technology) and is privately funded. For more information, visit our website.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.