Never eat shell fish abroad no matter how good it looks.
Kent, UK (PRWEB UK) 13 November 2012
Being stuck indoors on a holiday that maybe was being saved up for with hard earned cash coupled with severe a tummy bug are two scenarios that can possibly be avoided with a few simple precautions. Luggage Superstore is offering some simple tips to help cut down on digestive issues during travelling.
Preparation for travel and the actual day of the journey bring stress naturally to the body sending an imbalance to the system. Along with this, the body would need to try adapting to totally different foods, ones possibly never eaten before. So let’s jump right in with some tips:
- When travelling abroad stick to drinking bottled water and drink plenty to keep hydrated but there is another reason for this; keeping the body topped up with fluid will stop constipation and would flush out of the body any unwanted bacteria a lot faster. Try to use bottle water for even brushing teeth and do not add ice to drinks as this would have been frozen from unbottled water. Avoiding teas and coffees at cafes is also advised because of the possibility of the water being used also will not be from a bottled source.
- Take great care with cheeses and ice creams and boil unpasteurised milk before using.
- Taking responsibility for washing hands thoroughly with soap especially before eating and after using toilets.
- Wash fruits and vegetables and peel off skins on these holiday occasions. Avoid salads at restaurants and avoid watermelons as these are all in contact with soil that may be been fertilised with animal faeces.
- Never eat shell fish abroad no matter how good it looks. Telling how long it has been cooked and probably exposed to heat and bacteria is never a risk worth taking.
- Make sure meats are well cooked and eaten immediately while hot. If the general appeal is to have meat cooked medium or rare, avoid this compulsion abroad.
- If washing up your own dishes, try using clean hot water to kill bacteria.
- Probiotics can now be bought in capsules which can help greatly in replenishing good bacteria in the gut and will also flush out bad bacteria.
Being extremely alerted to hygiene for yourself and the surroundings eaten at and visiting can help to make better decisions for what foods and liquids go into the stomach.
Luggage Superstore’s established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.