New York, NY (PRWEB) November 12, 2012
Shining a spotlight on women executives, entrepreneurs, and organizations run by women, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business announced the results of its 2012 competition on Friday, November 9.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business is an international competition produced by the creators of the prestigious International Business Awards and American Business Awards. The Stevie is widely considered to be the world’s premier business award.
With more than 340 businesswomen and their guests in attendance, the awards were announced at a gala dinner at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Nations represented at the event include Australia, Canada, Ecuador, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Nigeria, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.A. The presentations were broadcast live across the U.S.A. by the Business TalkRadio Network.
More than 1,200 nominations from organizations and individuals in 17 nations were submitted to the awards this year for consideration in categories including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Most Innovative Company of the Year, and Best New Company of the Year, among others. More than 250 professionals around the world participated in the judging process to determine the Finalists and then the Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award placements.
Notable Gold Stevie Award winners from this year’s competition include:
- Kanchan Naikawadi, Director of Indus Health Plus Pvt. Ltd., Maharashtra, India - Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Consumer Services – Up to 2,500 Employees
- Dr. Akudo Anyanwu Ikemba, Founder and CEO of Friends of the Global Fund Africa, Lagos, Nigeria - Female Innovator of the Year – Government or Non-Profit – 10 or Less Employees
- Brooke Denihan Barrett, co-CEO of Denihan Hospitality Group, New York, NY - Female Executive of the Year – Business Products – 11 to 2,500 Employees
- Bethany Mayer, Senior VP and General Manager of HP Networking, HP, Palo Alto, CA - Female Executive of the Year – Business Products – More Than 2,500 Employees
- Emer Timmons, President of BT Global Services UK, BT, London, United Kingdom - Female Executive of the Year – Business Services – More Than 2,500 Employees
- Linda Clement-Holmes, Senior Vice President of The Procter & Gamble Company, Cincinnati, OH - Female Executive of the Year– Consumer Products – More Than 2,500 Employees
- Christiane Schulz, Member of the German Executive Board, Global Partner, MD of Ketchum Pleon, Berlin, Germany - Maverick of the Year - Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations
- Mitchell Baker, Chairperson of the Mozilla Foundation and Mozilla Corporation, Mozilla, Mountain View, CA - Lifetime Achievement
- Weili Dai, Co-Founder, Vice President and General Manager of Communications and Consumer Business of Marvell Technology Group Ltd, San Francisco, CA - Technology Innovator of the Year
- LittlePINKBook.com, Atlanta, GA - Website of the Year
- Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, Inc., El Segundo, CA - Communications or PR Campaign of the Year - Social Media Focused
- Vodafone Istanbul, Turkey - Communications or PR Campaign of the Year - Marketing – Consumer Services
The 2012 Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflect a diverse group of large and small organizations from around the globe. Organizations that won more than one Gold Stevie Award include Accenture, Creative Catapult, LLC, eCycle LLC, Friends of the Global Fund Africa, Oncology Rehab Partners, Sentis Pty Ltd, Susan Davis International, and Vaco Los Angeles.
For a complete list of Stevie Award winners and more information, visit http://www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
Entries for the 2013 edition of the awards will open next May.
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in four programs: The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com.