Indianapolis, IN (PRWEB) November 14, 2012
Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity is excited to announce we have raised more than $1,000,000 for our philanthropic partner, Autism Speaks.
Alpha Xi Delta partnered with Autism Speaks in 2009 to help raise funds and awareness for those affected by autism spectrum disorders. Since then, Alpha Xi Delta chapters and alumnae associations have participated in Walk Now for Autism Speaks events in their local communities and AmaXIng Challenges at our host institutions.
“We are so excited to reach this important milestone, and we are proud of our chapters and alumnae associations who have dedicated their time and efforts to raising awareness and collecting funds for our philanthropic partner, Autism Speaks,” said Elysia Gallivan, Alpha Xi Delta’s National Executive Director. “The number of children being diagnosed with autism is still growing, and Alpha Xi Delta will continue to support Autism Speaks to help improve the lives of those children and families touch by autism. We are thankful to Autism Speaks for giving us the opportunity to help find the missing piece of the autism puzzle.”
In addition to participating in local walks and hosting AmaXIng Challenges, Alpha Xi Delta Sisters have shown support for Autism Speaks by:
- Partnering with local and professional sports teams to host Autism Awareness Nights;
- Sponsored and chaired the Inaugural Indianapolis Walk Now for Autism Speaks event;
- Volunteering at Autism Speaks’ Dover 400 NASCAR event;
- Representing Alpha Xi Delta and Autism Speaks on the Today Show for World Autism Awareness Day;
- Participating in the Light It Up Blue initiative on college campuses and in local communities;
- Hosting small-scale fundraisers such as bake sales, “Xiti” nights and cookouts;
- Tabling on campuses and in local communities to distribute information on autism spectrum disorders and raise critical funds for autism prevention, treatment and a possible cure.
About Alpha Xi Delta
Founded in 1893 at Lombard College, now Knox College, in Galesburg Illinois, Alpha Xi Delta inspires women to realize their potential by providing opportunities for Sisterhood, leadership knowledge and service. The national women’s fraternity has more than 150,000 initiated members and chapters on 116 college campuses. For more information on Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity, visit http://www.alphaxidelta.org.
About Autism Speaks
Autism Speaks is the world’s leading autism science and advocacy organization. The organization is dedicated, to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism spectrum disorders and advocating for the needs of affected families. To learn more about Autism Speaks, please visit http://www.autismspeaks.org.
Lauren Felts, Director of Communications and Marketing
317.872.3500 ext. 122