The sheik, retro themed interior is something straight out of a classic 1960’s Bond film. It’s very unique
Fremont, California (PRWEB) November 12, 2012
The modern day business traveler not only gets to enjoy the luxury of flying business class. They are also afforded the luxury of indulging within the confines of their airline’s upper class lounges. Today, airlines are in constant competition to secure new business class customers as well as retaining their current, upper class clientele. Some of the many features offered by the airline lounges include formal dining areas, complete day spas, entertainment, complementary bars and full time concierge service.
The experts at Lets Fly Cheaper have concluded their top 10 picks for the best business class lounges for 2012. Virgin Atlantic’s new Clubhouse Lounge at New York’s Kennedy Airport takes this year’s first place spot. “The sheik, retro themed interior is something straight out of a classic 1960’s Bond film. It’s very unique” says Lets Fly Cheaper CEO, Ramon vanMeer.
Virgin Atlantic has always taken pride in importing a location theme to each of their Clubhouse Lounges. The lounge in JFK is no exception. The interior features are tailored to give it a New York City feel along with all the amenities one would expect from a business class airport lounge. Some of those features include a complimentary, uptown bar, an entertainment area, a formal dining area, an internet bar and the Clubhouse Spa.
Qantas Airways lounge in Sydney, Australia comes in at second place. The Qantas First Class lounge was designed by Qantas creative director Marc Newson. The lounge is well equipped with a high level of comfort as well as a day spa, restaurant, library, private work suites and concierge service. “Qantas has worked very hard to get their first class lounges perfect and this is definitely a good start” says vanMeer. A virtual tour of the Qantas lounge can be found on their website.
Rounding out the remaining top five are Lufthansa’s lounge at Frankfurt International Airport, Qatar’s Doha International Airport lounge and British Airways Concorde Room at London Heathrow lounge. See below for the complete list.
1. Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Lounge – Kennedy International Airport, New York City
2. Qantas Airways International First Class Lounge – Sydney International Airport, Sydney
3. Lufthansa Lounge – Frankfurt International Airport, Frankfurt, Germany
4. Qatar Airways Oryx Lounge – Doha International Airport, Qatar
5. British Airways Concorde Room – Heathrow International Airport, London
6. Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge – Singapore International Airport, Singapore
7. Etihad Airways Lounge – Abu Dhabi International Airport
8. Thai Airways Royal Orchid Lounge – Bangkok International Airport, Thailand
9. Cathay Pacific Airways The Wing Lounge – Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
10. All Nippon Airways Lounge – Haneda International Airport, Tokyo, Japan
Lets Fly Cheaper.com is a low fare specialist, focused on supplying cheap international business class flights to international destinations worldwide. To book the lowest fare contact one of their travel agents at 1-800-240-0461 or go to http://www.letsflycheaper.com
Sean Delanty, Director of Marketing
Lets Fly Cheaper