Hipmunk now serves as your hotel matchmaker, and we’re thrilled to be the first travel site to offer all that information in one place to provide faster and more insightful booking decisions.
San Francisco (PRWEB) November 13, 2012
Hipmunk, the most comprehensive travel search site, today announced its new hotel search product, which now helps match travelers to the best hotel in the ideal neighborhood for their specific interests. The same site that introduced travelers to visual flight search now provides detailed neighborhood guides and local information making it easier for travelers to imagine staying in a certain neighborhood. Hipmunk’s new tailored Hotels product will not only give travelers more context into booking their stay, it will also allow users to make their hotel reservation faster than any other competitive travel search site.
“Travelers are used to the hassle of toggling between hotel sites, maps, reviews, and online destination guides in order to find that perfect hotel,” said Adam Goldstein, Hipmunk CEO. “Hipmunk now serves as your hotel matchmaker, and we’re thrilled to be the first travel site to offer all that information in one place to provide faster and more insightful booking decisions.”
Features of Hipmunk Hotel Search include:
- Map-based Results — Hotel results are displayed on a map so users can visualize the destination and hotel options within that destination;
- Neighborhood Guides – Proprietary information sourced by travel writers local to the destination, which recommend the best places to stay in a given destination based on personal travel style and needs;
- Traveler Type Filter – Traveler type filter is incorporated into the search, allowing users to find neighborhoods best for business travel, romance (straight and gay), exploring and families;
- The Best Hotels — Top hotels ranked by a combination of rate, amenities, and reviews, are highlighted on map;
- Options – Multiple booking options, including directly with hotels;
- Calendar Integration – User meeting and event locations are plotted on the map alongside hotel results in that destination, allowing users to find hotels with the best location relative to a user’s meetings;
- No Dates Search – Users can search for hotels within a city without entering a specific date range, allowing them to explore a destination without certain travel dates in mind.
Hipmunk has the largest breadth of results from hotels to hostels to boutique establishments—even home and apartment rentals. Leisure and business travelers can rest assured they have access to Hipmunk’s inventory of over 300,000 global hotels and all the best pricing in one place.
To book a hotel or flight, visit hipmunk.com.
Hipmunk is the most comprehensive travel site offering more travel options, more accommodations and all the available prices. Users can find less agonizing flights with the innovative flight search “Agony” sort, as well as the best hotels and home rentals with the hotel search “Ecstasy” sort.
Hipmunk is one of TIME Magazine’s “50 Coolest Websites,” TIME Magazine’s “50 Best Smartphone Apps,” Travel + Leisure’s “Best Websites of 2012,” Budget Travel’s “Top 10 Most Useful Websites,” and Inc.’s “Best Booking Website.” Co-founders Adam Goldstein and Steve Huffman were named to Bloomberg BusinessWeek’s “Top Tech Entrepreneurs,” Forbes “30 Under 30” and Inc.’s “30 Under 30” lists. The company launched in 2010, is based in San Francisco, and has funding from IVP, Ignition Partners, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Webb Investment Network, Quest Hospitality Ventures, and several angel investors.
Jacqueline Tanzella, Hipmunk 415-794-1118 Jacqueline(at)hipmunk(dot)com
Matthew Molino, Cohn & Wolfe 310-967-2975 Matthew(dot)Molino(at)cohnwolfe(dot)com