We’re creating an intimate event for people who refuse to sit back and wait for things to happen, a place where true instigators can meet, conspire, share and take action.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 14, 2012
Introducing mesh2013, the first global gathering for the Sharing Economy produced by Mesh Labs, an innovation collective. mesh2013 will take place in San Francisco in April 2013, bringing together leaders who are actively building products, services, and communities where access trumps ownership.
“We’re creating an intimate event for people who refuse to sit back and wait for things to happen, a place where true instigators can meet, conspire, share and take action,” said Lisa Gansky, founder of Mesh Labs and author of The Mesh: Why the Future of Business is Sharing. Entrepreneurs, designers, makers, developers, city planners, artists, futurists and other instigators are invited to join mesh2013’s global collective to discuss new approaches driving innovation and wild ideas in San Francisco, a city that actively embraces both.
Those interested in participating should go to http://www.meshforum.com.
Founding participants include:
- Seth Godin – entrepreneur, blogger, and author of more than a dozen bestsellers
- Leah Busque – CEO & Founder, Taskrabbit
- Adam Werbach – former CEO Saatchi Sustainable; CEO and fo-founder, Yerdle
- Robin Chase – co-founder, Zipcar; founder, Buzzcar
- David de Rothschild – adventurer, maker; founder, Mpact
- Graham Hill – founder, Treehugger; founder and CEO, LifeEdited
- Jay Nath – Chief Innovation Officer, City of San Francisco
- Sunny Bates – relentless connector and entrepreneur
- Antonin Leonard – co-founder, Ouishare
- David Hornik – General Partner, August Capital; Founder, The Lobby
- Henry Mason – head of research, Trendwatching; co-founder, 3Space
- Phillip Cooley – BBQ firestarter and founder, Ponyride.org Detroit
- Lisa Gansky – Chief Instigator, Mesh Labs; Author of The Mesh
To view and share a video featuring a selection of founding mesh2013 participants, go to http://www.meshforum.com.
mesh2013 will showcase businesses and communities where access to goods, services and talent are challenging and winning over last century’s ownership-based models. “Our communities and economies are changing rapidly. It’s time to bring together the people from around the globe who are resourcefully and relentlessly delighting customers and inspiring a new kind of participation,” said Lisa Gansky.
Special hosted sessions will delve deeply into core issues and opportunities such as:
- Flow: Currency, money, and trust
- Make: DIY, maker communities and distributed manufacturing
- Move: Urban life especially travel and transport
- Sense: Networks and data – big and open
- Thrive: Health of local communities, economies
- Pulse: Reuse and ‘meanwhile’ use of buildings and infrastructure
For More information on partnership opportunities at mesh2013, email partner(at)meshing(dot)it. Join the conversation on Twitter at @sharethemesh #mesh2013.
About Mesh Labs
Mesh Labs (http://www.meshing.it) is a city innovation collective. Defined around the idea of the city as a platform, we prototype, test, and refine ideas to accelerate the burgeoning Sharing Economy. Starting with the city we call home, San Francisco, we are a growing network of cities and organizations dedicated to sharing our learning as a global community. We invite you to join us.