Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) November 14, 2012
Mid Atlantic Trust Company (MATC) announced today the expansion of its ModelxChange® platform, adding 22 new third-party managers available to the more than 8,000 Professional Money Managers, Investment Advisors, and Plan Record Keepers who utilize MATC for 401(k) trust and custody. With this announcement, ModelxChange® now provides 29 third-party managers through over 80 Plan Record Keepers.
ModelxChange®, launched in December of 2010, is the first of its kind in model management for 401(k) plans, allowing 401(k) professionals to seamlessly incorporate mutual fund and/or ETF investment models into a retirement plan — all through a single, web-based interface that allows for the creation, execution and on-going management of a model investment. ModelxChange® is an ideal solution for those Professional Money Managers, Investment Advisors, and Plan Record Keepers who want to stay on the forefront of the 401(k) marketplace, and are interested in maintaining a larger share of the generated revenues.
Tim Friday, Group CEO of Mid Atlantic Capital Group and President of MATC remarked, “We are very pleased with the growth of ModelxChange® since it launched a year and a half ago, and we are excited to bring to the marketplace an expanded menu of managers. We believe that these managers are a significant value-add to the platform and differentiator to the retirement plan marketplace.” Tim went on to state that, “We believe that the role of these managers will become even more important as auto-enrollment becomes more prevalent and advisors are looking for unique QDIA options.”
For Professional Money Managers, ModelxChange® uniquely provides a single system for the creation, execution and on-going management of mutual fund and ETF based investment models for the 401(k) marketplace. Through this easy-to-use interface, managers can set-up and manage their investment models, and then deliver those models and the investment changes to each 401(k) plan as adjustments are made to the model.
Bill Simon, Managing Director of Brinker Capital, one of the 22 new managers added to ModelxChange®, shared how important ModelxChange® is for Brinker as the marketplace moves more and more towards model-driven strategies. Mr. Simon remarked, “Many of our models are ETF-driven, and the question always came back to, how do you record-keep for that in the 401(k) marketplace? ModelxChange® solves that for us – seamlessly and effortlessly – and so we can now deliver our cost-effective ETF strategies to a key channel for us.”
Michael Kim, Senior Vice President of Genworth Wealth Management has turned to ModelxChange® to help Genworth launch its Retirement Connection program, which provides the firm’s more than 20 model strategies to the retirement channel. “ModelxChange® offers an efficient and scalable way for us to move into the 401(k) marketplace with our strategies. With ModelxChange®, we are now in the early stages of an offering where the advisor can manage the 401(k) for small business clients using the very same models they use in their other accounts.
ModelxChange® is also now available for a set of account types which includes IRAs, UTMAs, and more, all while preserving the ability to trade models at the global level across all account types. When the platform launched in 2010 Mid Atlantic initially provided seven third-party managers on ModelxChange®, including:
- 3D Asset Management – East Hartford, CT
- BFP Capital Management – Wellesley Hills, MA
- Clark Capital Management – Philadelphia, PA
- CLS Investments – Omaha, NE
- Fund Evaluation Group – Cincinnati, OH
- Horizon Investments – Charlotte, NC
- JA Forlines Global Investment Management – New York, NY
The 22 new third-party managers added to the platform are also from many of the most respected firms across the country:
- Alpha Investment Management – Cincinnati, OH
- Appleton Group Wealth Management – Appleton, WI
- Aurum Wealth Management Group – Mayfield Village, OH
- Brinker Capital – Berwyn, PA
- Efficient Market Advisors – Del Mar, CA
- G.L. Smith & Associates – Huntsville, AL
- Genworth Financial Wealth Management – Pleasant Hill, CA
- Globalt Investments – Atlanta, GA
- Granite Group Advisors – Wilton, CT
- Highland Capital Management – Memphis, TN
- iSectors – Appleton, WI
- Lunt Capital Management – Salt Lake City, UT
- Meeder Financial – Dublin, OH
- Mesirow Financial – Chicago, IL
- OBS Financial Services--Whitehouse, OH
- PGR Solutions – Campbell, CA
- Provident Capital Management – Carmel, IN
- Prudent Investor Advisors – Arcata, CA
- Sage Advisory Services – Austin, TX
- Stadion Money Management – Watkinsville, GA
- Sterling Global Strategies – Carlsbad, CA
- Target Date Analytics – Marina del Rey, CA
For more information on ModelxChange® and to download fact sheets for many of the currently available managers and strategies,click here.
About Mid Atlantic Trust Company:
Mid Atlantic Trust Company (MATC) is an independent expert in trust and custody solutions for retirement plans. They provide first-class service to their clientele, which consists of teamwork, innovation and reliability. Through this continual improvement process, Mid Atlantic is dedicated to meeting the increasing requirements of the marketplace in the years ahead.