(PRWEB) November 16, 2012
Atlantic Information Services is pleased to announce its Nov. 28 webinar, “The Impact of November Elections on Insurance Exchanges: What Health Plans, Providers and Brokers Need to Know About the Second Obama Administration,” a discussion featuring three health industry leaders on the postelection landscape for insurance exchanges under the Affordable Care Act.
With President Barack Obama’s re-election, and new faces in state capitals, the pace of implementing state exchanges should accelerate dramatically. And Republican-led states that were hoping a Romney win would get them off the hook must scramble and start making hard decisions.
On Nov. 28, a three-person panel will address questions on essential health benefits, IT systems, qualified health plan selection and other key issues:
- What impact will election results have on the pre-Nov. 6 timetable and agenda for exchange implementation?
- What factors have just changed in health plan determinations as to whether they should participate in a federally facilitated exchange?
- What is likely to be the new timetable for issuance of federal guidance that is needed for states to move forward?
- What key exchange-related issues should plans, providers and brokers now be aware of?
After a 60-minute presentation, a concluding question and answer session will allow webinar participants to pose individual questions to the speakers:
- Chris Condeluci, of counsel at Venable LLP in Washington, D.C. He practices in the employee benefits and tax policy areas, with particular emphasis on health care reform and retirement and compensation policy.
- Jordan Battani, managing director of the Global Institute for Emerging Healthcare Practices at CSC, where she leads a team of industry experts responsible for identifying, researching and writing about trends and innovations in health care particularly as they relate to the application of information technology solutions.
- Daniel Schuyler, a director at Leavitt Partners who helps guide the firm’s health insurance exchange practice. He brings to the firm applied experience in the development and implementation of health insurance exchanges.
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2r42_112812 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.