Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) November 21, 2012
On November 21, Fernando Perez of Probiotic Action released a statement reacting to a recent article on WebMD.
Stress has many adverse effects on our bodies, and our skin is no exception.
According to an article on WebMD, stress can cause many skin problems – including acne, eczema and psoriasis - to worsen. Sometimes, the best acne treatment is not enough for healthy skin. “Stress causes your body to produce cortisol and other hormones, which tells your sebaceous glands to produce more oil. Oily skin is more prone to acne and other skin problems.” The article went on to say that stress can also cause to people to forget their daily routine of taking care of their skin, which will obviously worsen skin problems as well.
The article went on to give a few suggestions to reduce stress and improve skin health:
- “Don't neglect your skin. Take care of your skin, even if you're tired or stressed.
- Get regular exercise. It's good for your skin and the rest of your body.
- Take time for yourself to do something you enjoy, even if you only have ten minutes. Take a bath or read an article.
- Take a walk around the block.
- Practice stress management techniques, such as breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, or visual imagery.
- Get enough sleep. Seven to eight hours each night is ideal.
- Say no. It's OK to set limits and boundaries to lower your stress.
- Talk to someone. Seek support from a friend or a professional therapist.”
Fernando Perez wanted to add some more ways people can take care of their skin. “Sometimes acne itself can be the cause of stress. While everyone should take care of their mental health, it is also important that they take care of their skin as well, and get the best acne treatment they can.”
Probiotic Action is an advanced acne treatment that uses a topical probiotic containing the “good bacteria” that is naturally found on healthy human skin. By using probiotics, Probiotic Action is an effective treatment that restores the normal bacteria content on skin. Probiotic Action will successfully clear skin while protecting skin against bad bacteria, free radicals and pollutants.