With Spanning Backup v4.0, Google Apps users and admins can recover deleted or corrupted data more quickly and easily than ever before.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) November 20, 2012
Spanning Cloud Apps, the makers of Spanning Backup for Google Apps, the most highly rated backup application in the Google Apps Marketplace, today announced Spanning Backup v4.0, the most complete cloud-to-cloud Google Apps data protection product on the market. Available immediately, Spanning Backup for Google Apps includes newly deployed features to give administrators complete control over their data and now supports data export capabilities in the most common industry formats.
Spanning Backup v4.0 is the only product that backs up and restores data from the full Google Apps suite, including Gmail, Google Drive and Docs, Google Sites, Google Calendar and Google Contacts.
“With Spanning Backup v4.0, Google Apps users and admins can recover deleted or corrupted data more quickly and easily than ever before. Our new tools give admins complete control over their data, so they can make sure their businesses are not only protected from data loss, but also able to bounce back quickly from accidents or disasters,” said Charlie Wood, CEO and founder, Spanning. “Any data loss incident reduces productivity and could inflict a fatal blow to a business deal, or even an entire business. At Spanning we’ve developed highly usable, industrial-strength enterprise software that will protect your business and put you back in control.”
New features of Spanning Backup v4.0 include:
- Backup and Restore for the Full Google Apps Suite -- including Gmail, Google Drive and Docs, Google Calendar, Google Contacts, and Google Sites.
- Restore to File — In addition to restoring selected mail, docs, calendars, contacts or sites directly into a Google Apps account, users can export and download that data in industry-standard formats.
- Full Account Export — in a single operation, Spanning Backup v4.0 allows a user or admin to export and download a full account snapshot in a single file.
- Restore and Export with Folder Structure Intact -- when Google Drive and Docs and Google Sites are restored or exported, Spanning Backup maintains the source content's folder structure and filenames.
- Enhanced Admin Controls -- including options to control user access to settings, prevent administrators from viewing other users' email, restore files from one account to another, and optionally restore document sharing settings and calendar attendees. Spanning Backup v4.0 also includes a richer administrator audit log.
“At Spanning we believe deeply that taking advantage of new technologies should not put your core business data at risk. Similarly, you should not have to make the choice between technological flexibility and data availability. At Spanning we encourage businesses to take the necessary steps to ensure that they always have flexibility, security and control over their business-critical data. With the launch of v4.0, Spanning Backup is the most complete, enterprise-grade product on the market,” said Jeff Erramouspe, chief revenue officer, Spanning.
For information about partners and resellers see here: http://spanning.com/resources/partnerprograms/
Founded in 2010, Spanning helps companies manage and protect their information in the cloud. Spanning Backup, the company's flagship product, is the top-rated backup solution for Google Apps users and administrators. The company is backed by Foundry Group and is based in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit Spanning.com.